joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stone is a (young and still has time to learn) punk. I cannot believe he was not ejected from the game. Wisconsin has been playing really well as of late and seems to have finally gelled under Gard. I'm not that shocked by the result. Perhaps this will serve as a wake-up call.

MD just suspended Stone for their next game against Minnesota.

After lots of thought I've come to.the conclusion that people care too much. It's icy outside. Whether or not we call it an ice storm doesn't change that fact. In 12 hours it'll be a memory.

That's the thing.. Most people don't even care what you call it.. One person is just a broken record, scolding us over and over again about how this isn't a "real ice storm", and nobody is even suggesting it is!

That's the thing.. Most people don't even care what you call it.. One person is just a broken record, scolding us over and over again about how this isn't a "real ice storm", and nobody is even suggesting it is!

Phin has been saying the same thing about ice storms since I've been on the boards going back to 2004. It's his "thing."

The atmosphere doesn't take prepayment. 10-12 was payment for 09-10 :P

I think the law of averages is finally catching up... from 1990 to 2013, DCA had only four winters with 15"+ of snow. It was truly awful outside the handful of boom years, and just when people resigned to thinking it was the new normal, the past three winters happened. The weather brings the best of surprises and we could be compensating for the famine years of the past two decades.... I don't even know that it won't continue in the years ahead.

For the folks who've been around the area longer, is the OPM 3-hour delay a new thing?

This is only my third winter this go-around, and sixth DC winter total, but in all the other years I only remember 2-hour delays, not 3-hour delays.

Just curious. Thanks!

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/snow-dismissal-procedures/status-archives/

Possibly answering my own question, this looks like the first year (going back to 1998) that they've done 3 hour delays.

One thing about this winter, it's had a little bit of everything. The HECS of course, the mini-Commutageddon beforehand, a truly torch -- hell, a tropical -- Xmas day, a fairly decent cold snap, this ongoing classic mid-Atlantic all-ingredient winter storm (arguably a SECS -- or SECWS -- at least for DC south), the little clipper the other morning (that I slept through). The first week of February, when the snowpack from the blizzard was really bled out, there was a lot of picturesque ground fog, Robert Frost cat feet type of stuff. Maybe something else of significance next week: a MECS to round out the trifecta?

I suppose we haven't had any legitimate record cold, but that wasn't too far away this past weekend.

Pouring out there now. Add flooding to the list possibly.

Archived