Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

February 2016 Banter

Bricks commute....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

For someone who said they almost stopped posting because of Brick, you sure do talk about him a lot. I'm not around here a ton, but seems like almost 75% of your posts are about Brick in fact.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For someone who said they almost stopped posting because of Brick, you sure do talk about him a lot. I'm not around here a ton, but seems like almost 75% of your posts are about Brick in fact.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

probably

RDU is at 23 and frz drizzle. That tells you all you need to know about road conditions. I think I'll be remoting into work this morning.

Was going to drive Duke Hosp. today at 11am but thinking I'll work from home as well. A ~50min drive in normal conditions is probably a 2 hour drive in this. Even though I have a Jeep, this is worse than overnight accrual. Can't do anything about this and ZR doesn't care if I have a Jeep or a corvette.

I don't usually see the local media, but happened to catch a little bit of WRAL weather reports this morning. Disappointed with their mets coverage. They once again used that tired old chestnut of snow/sleet/zr falling through different thickness of cold air. But totally neglected to even mention the CAD wedge and its effects, which is arguably the most meaningful thing about this storm.  :blink:

Was going to drive Duke Hosp. today at 11am but thinking I'll work from home as well. A ~50min drive in normal conditions is probably a 2 hour drive in this. Even though I have a Jeep, this is worse than overnight accrual. Can't do anything about this and ZR doesn't care if I have a Jeep or a corvette.

lol! Yeah, zr don't care about nothing much. Good decision.

How are the roads in wake Forest? Did you get any snow last night?

The roads are covered and sounds like there are a lot of wrecks around. I was just saying that noon was an odd time to open since that is when most people take lunch.

Because he is a troll that only posts mean spirited things.

Or maybe he just has a crush on me.

Deja Vu. 7th tornado watch here. Storms same areas. The radar looks like this every time lol. Then later the line will come through with 30-40mph gusts, then exceed severe thunderstorm warning criteria when it hits Mobile, AL. The storms love to go severe near Mobile.

Oh wow on the severe wx in MS. Neat storm! Have you heard thunder, metalicwx?

Nope. Nothing here. Just sunny. Storms to the east and west. Its like this every time lol.

And Mobile is under a severe thunderstorm warning like I said earlier. :lol:

Dale and Chris didnt seem that concerned at the beginning of the news!? Dale was just there , sucking air, Chris said N of 85 might see a little more ice, lol

Costco to be running on generators while Sams will be pulling out the canoe's...

60s and sunny this weekend. I'm really excited about this. Plan on sitting outside in the sun and drinking a cold beer.

Sounds like a plan to me as well!

Deja Vu. 7th tornado watch here. Storms same areas. The radar looks like this every time lol. Then later the line will come through with 30-40mph gusts, then exceed severe thunderstorm warning criteria when it hits Mobile, AL. The storms love to go severe near Mobile.

Nailed it!

That squall line was fun.

Impressive CAD! It's COLD out there and I froze my behind off while putting gas in my car.A few little slick in spots driving home but wasn't too bad on the highway. Most people were driving cautiously. There was a crash on I-385 S in Mauldin on an overpass, of course. Definitely ice-related as the truck had spun around, hit two other cars, and hit the rail guard. 

Dale and Chris didnt seem that concerned at the beginning of the news!? Dale was just there , sucking air, Chris said N of 85 might see a little more ice, lol

They were only concerned until the latent heat from the Heavier rain kicked in, then they were relieved!