SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably going to sound stupid asking this, but how is it that we can be 29 degrees during the day with a forecast of sleet and freezing rain and then that night have the same exact temperature but the forecast says rain? If the temperature is below freezing, wouldn't all of the rain be considered freezing rain?

Technique?

Family secret.

Just kidding. Scored the skin side and put in salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. Then put Ina somewhat deep dish with apple juice, a little brown sugar, Rosemary, and oregano. Fill it up until 2/3 up the pork belly. Let it sit in that for about 2 hours then fire up the grill. Cook for 25 mins skin side up in the same dish at 450-500. Then cool it down and put some cherry wood and smoke for 2-2.5 hours until skin crispy.

Family secret.

Just kidding. Scored the skin side and put in salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. Then put Ina somewhat deep dish with apple juice, a little brown sugar, Rosemary, and oregano. Fill it up until 2/3 up the pork belly. Let it sit in that for about 2 hours then fire up the grill. Cook for 25 mins skin side up in the same dish at 450-500. Then cool it down and put some cherry wood and smoke for 2-2.5 hours until skin crispy.

Gah. (In a good way.)

Good thing I already had V-Day dinner, or this would be killing me.

(I've done low and slow in the oven, and also some sous vide, but I don't have access to any outdoor equipment.)

So, the meteorological winter ends after next week, it's only appropiate to cap off a let down of a winter with a let down of a storm.

Also let's be honest, if we can't get a decent storm out of the coldest air of the season. I don't think we'll be able to get anything out of any cold air we get in late February/March.

Thanks JB

Archived