Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a coyote in Greenville today

Just saw a story about the exploding population of coyotes, and how to control them! Either SC, NC or both DNR's, are going to capture a few and tag them with 1000$ bounties, to encourage the killing of more coyotes! They said the deer population has declined 20-30% in the last 5 years, due to coyotes killing fawns! They also kill and mame alot of domestic cats and dogs and will even watch the daily routine of pet owners and walking their dogs and attack based on this routine , according to DNR!

Just saw a story about the exploding population of coyotes, and how to control them! Either SC, NC or both DNR's, are going to capture a few and tag them with 1000$ bounties, to encourage the killing of more coyotes! They said the deer population has declined 20-30% in the last 5 years, due to coyotes killing fawns! They also kill and mame alot of domestic cats and dogs and will even watch the daily routine of pet owners and walking their dogs and attack based on this routine , according to DNR!

We shoot them if we see them. Stupid how they set them out here in nc. Now they are over populated and destroying cows on several farms

We shoot them if we see them. Stupid how they set them out here in nc. Now they are over populated and destroying cows on several farms

Hunting inside Greenville city limits is a no go, some would argue that based on crime here, but from a lawful citizen standpoint, nope. I did a survey a couple months ago from NC State and it asked me about coyotes inside the city, which I had not seen before. Today changed that.

Hunting inside Greenville city limits is a no go, some would argue that based on crime here, but from a lawful citizen standpoint, nope. I did a survey a couple months ago from NC State and it asked me about coyotes inside the city, which I had not seen before. Today changed that.

They are everywhere now city, rural areas and many of them

I posted a week ago we saw one eating a deer on the side of the road. Deer probably had been hit by car.

Anyway they are a major problem to anyone raising cattle. Been that way for a few years to where now almost all of the farmers have to keep and raise donkeys to run with the cows. Coyotes will come and snatch the calf while the hefers are birthing. They do the same with the deer probably to. Not sure we'll ever be able to get rid of them now from what I've been reading.

I posted a week ago we saw one eating a deer on the side of the road. Deer probably had been hit by car.

Anyway they are a major problem to anyone raising cattle. Been that way for a few years to where now almost all of the farmers have to keep and raise donkeys to run with the cows. Coyotes will come and snatch the calf while the hefers are birthing. They do the same with the deer probably to. Not sure we'll ever be able to get rid of them now from what I've been reading.[/quote)

Nope once they move it you wont get rid of them. You can hunt and thin but still wont rid completely. Ive seen stuff online saying theyre solitary hunters. Thats bs. Wolves hunt in packs, dingos hunt in packs, wild domisitcated dogs hunt in packs. Believe it not the greater Orlando area has bad problems with yotes. But its the perfect environment for them. Plenty of nasty humans so plently of trash. Also chickens,small dogs, cats etc etc far game.

Archived