Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deja Vu. 7th tornado watch here. Storms same areas. The radar looks like this every time lol. Then later the line will come through with 30-40mph gusts, then exceed severe thunderstorm warning criteria when it hits Mobile, AL. The storms love to go severe near Mobile.

Nailed it!

That squall line was fun.

Impressive CAD! It's COLD out there and I froze my behind off while putting gas in my car.A few little slick in spots driving home but wasn't too bad on the highway. Most people were driving cautiously. There was a crash on I-385 S in Mauldin on an overpass, of course. Definitely ice-related as the truck had spun around, hit two other cars, and hit the rail guard. 

Well, hope y'all enjoyed winters last hurrah! Time for spring, and sadly , my biggest snow was last Friday 1/2 -1", and it was a complete suprise! Y'all keep chasing those 7-10 day fantasy snows! I'm at about 50-75% of climo snow , at the airport, and about 25-50% imby, soooo the 200% came up a little short! I guess no name change coming, y'all enjoy spring!

Well gonna be in Townsend TN Tues through Friday next week. Hopefully I can see a decent snow up there and I will be ready to call it a winter and be ready for warmth! I tell ya since I had open heart surgery in 2014 I can't take the cold like I use to and I'm 42 years old! The meds I'm on and that surgery messed me up I freeze now! So about one or two winter events now during winter and its Tim to warm up for me

I mean honestly for all those complaining about this being such a horrible winter there are many others recently that have been much worse.. 06-07, 07-08, 11-12, 12-13 were all horrible for most including a lot of Western NC

I live in SC. I can't remember the last time I saw snow fall on 5 different occasions like I have this winter. Some moderate...some flurries. Either way, it has not been the abysmal sulfur pit people are suggesting.

I mean honestly for all those complaining about this being such a horrible winter there are many others recently that have been much worse.. 06-07, 07-08, 11-12, 12-13 were all horrible for most including a lot of Western NC

What are you considering in western nc? I'm near winston and we have several plow able events in couple of those years

I live in SC. I can't remember the last time I saw snow fall on 5 different occasions like I have this winter. Some moderate...some flurries. Either way, it has not been the abysmal sulfur pit people are suggesting.

Totally agree. Mountain locations that were way near 0 in mid January are over 20-30 inches now, while still behind they are closing in fast with another potential storm next week

Archived