Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questions we need to answer, just like always...

Timing   as the cold air moves out
High Placement and how fast it slides OTS  too fast
CAD Strength   average
QPF   less than we want
Low Placement  a bit to far inland for some
AND

How many disappointed people?  lots

I'm sticking with my forecast(in red) from four days ago.

I see them cancelling it down here eventually. I don't see how anything frozen will fall here at all with the overrunning going north. DRY slot city down here. CLT at least looks like they will get some flurries or frizzle in the wee hours of the morning that might warrant a statement or advisory. 

Maybe we should all just be like burgertime and move to Australia. Aussie. No rules, just right...or something like that. 

Man, the geographical knowledge present in this forum needs some updating.  Cambodia, Austria, Australia, ...  Are these countries all the same to people?  If it's not the good ol' U-S-of-A, we can call any foreign country whatever we want, huh?

The correct question for Burger's current location of residence is, "What is the Netherlands?"  We would have even accepted, "What is Holland?"

welkom bij Nederland

WrlD5nd.gif

Man, the geographical knowledge present in this forum needs some updating.  Cambodia, Austria, Australia, ...  Are these countries all the same to people?  If it's not the good ol' U-S-of-A, we can call any foreign country whatever we want, huh?

The correct question for Burger's current location of residence is, "What is the Netherlands?"  We would have even accepted, "What is Holland?"

welkom bij Nederland

WrlD5nd.gif

"That's the French flag" 

-Brick Tamland. 

Sup everybody. I'm in Little Rock Arkansas right now, but heading back to Chapel Hill tomorrow, leaving at 4am CST. Should be at Nashville around 1030 CST, Knoxville around 130 or 2 EST. From there I'm wondering if I should connect to 81 and go through Wytheville VA and connect to 77, cause I wanna see snow. Is it still going to be snowing around that time tomorrow afternoon there? Or should I just drive through the mountains on 40?

Sup everybody. I'm in Little Rock Arkansas right now, but heading back to Chapel Hill tomorrow, leaving at 4am CST. Should be at Nashville around 1030 CST, Knoxville around 130 or 2 EST. From there I'm wondering if I should connect to 81 and go through Wytheville VA and connect to 77, cause I wanna see snow. Is it still going to be snowing around that time tomorrow afternoon there? Or should I just drive through the mountains on 40?

better go through Virginia.

Still have a good number of crust patches in the shaded areas. If we do see some dendrites overnight it will be one of the few times I have seen it snow here with snow on the ground. It has happened a couple times before but not many.

There's still some massive piles of sleet left from plowing around here from the storm a month ago. I've also got a small one left from when I shoveled out driveway. The combo of 60s and high dew points did a number on them a couple weeks ago, but there's been practically no melting since.

Archived