Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be an interesting system with regards to model wars. There's a lot of people who worship both the Euro and the RGEM, but they show very different solutions now. One model is going to get pie in its face.

After watching every model run for a week. I am worn out. It will be interesting to see how this system ultimately develops.

This is going to be an interesting system with regards to model wars. There's a lot of people who worship both the Euro and the RGEM, but they show very different solutions now. One model is going to get pie in its face.

The weenie in me is rooting for the RGEM... still has 1037HP in the NE @ 12z Monday

rgem_mslp_pcpn_neus_16.png

No RaleighWX, Wow, Burgertime, Hkywx, Phil, etc. Sad times man. Sad times. 

No kidding. It isn't to say anything about the guys who post here, there are just a lot less these days. I find myself drifting into the MA forum for big storms because they just have so many more mets and experienced posters. 

As for this storm, all I can think is that maybe the wedge won't be as strong as we think. It's really true that these lows don't just drive right into the heart of strong wedges. Instead of the track being wrong on the Euro, UK, etc., maybe the wedge simply won't be nearly as strong as we think.

Also I'll add we had a storm a few years ago, may have just been one of the 2014 storms, (I should probably post some of this in the event thread, it's less banter than a lot of the posts there) in which a large group of models insisted on plowing the L through a wedge. In the end they were all part right because it popped a secondary low in the coastal plain and the initial went up the apps and died. It wasn't a true Miller B or anything but there was definitely a partial transfer and it showed up on the models very late in the game. I thought we were heading towards that kind of scenario with this storm but at this point I think it would have shown up by now. There was one run of something yesterday that had a hint of a secondary low (I've looked at too many model runs lately, sorry) but that's about the only hint I've seen even suggesting such a scenario.

Archived