• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

I watched him talk about it this am and there is an article on the website outlining the most probable senario, ehcoing what you`ve been hearing here all day.

Okay. Just saw him on the 6 news and he said we might have a flurry Friday and see if we can squeeze out a bit of wintry weather Monday. Made it sound like it really wasn't possible. But I guess that is just the way to go around here. I am tired of talking about him now, so I won't anymore.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Fishel is going to be right. He goofs some but hes usually FAR more accurate than the clown maps and models we see on here. Folks are constantly disappointed  after these big busts but if they listened to GF (and stayed away from the clown maps) he most likely said it wouldnt amount to much and with winter "storms" around here they rarely do.

Brick, it's gonna be ok! You are gonna get rain on Monday, it will wash all the dirt and grime off the basketball court and you can play the following Saturday , when it's 70 degrees outside! And remember, some of NC's best snowstorms come in March! :(

I wish I could still play ouside during lunch at work, but my office moved. Now I get up at 5:30 three times a week to play at the YMCA.

Wrong. I don't hate him. Just saying he is extremely conservative now, more so than he used to be. I guess he doesn't want to get burned. He was the same way with the last storm we had in January. 5 days out he said he didn't see where the precip would come from. 3 days out he said it wouldn't be cold enoug. Then we ended up with a wintry mix mess. I guess it is just the rule of thumb to start out saying we probably won't get anything and then change it as it goes. But I just don't get saying 5 days out it looks like all rain is any better than saying it's a big winter storm when in reality it is really too soon to know and things change up to the last minute here with regards to winter weather. I think laying out the possibilities like RAH did with their discussion is better.

Brick, Greg reaches thousands more people than the RAH disco. The people the he reaches dont have weather knowedge like the majority of the RAH disco readers have. The general public is easily panicked because they will only hear the word snow and forget the disclaimers.Kinda like someone else I know. He is also right in these storm situations almost everytime.

I think Fishel is going to be right. He goofs some but hes usually FAR more accurate than the clown maps and models we see on here. Folks are constantly disappointed after these big busts but if they listened to GF (and stayed away from the clown maps) he most likely said it wouldnt amount to much and with winter "storms" around here they rarely do.

I guess if you said it's not going to do anything here anytime there was potential, no matter how good or bad it looked, you'd probably be right 9 out of 10 times. Guess it is better to play the odds.

Okay. Just saw him on the 6 news and he said we might have a flurry Friday and see if we can squeeze out a bit of wintry weather Monday. Made it sound like it really wasn't possible. But I guess that is just the way to go around here. I am tired of talking about him now, so I won't anymore.

You summarize what he says, which is completely reasonable. Then you make a statement that contradicts exactly what you said a sentence earlier. Nothing Fishel states is unreasonable. I'm not from your area, but your repeated bashing of him for no reason is ridiculous. He is right almost every time you complain about him. And Fraz's post is relevant about the NWS disco, so read it.

I ​vehemently​ disagree with all of the cliff diving going on here. Not only was it only the op 18z GFS giving most of the region rain but many of the GEFS runs showed decent snow for a lot of NC and Upstate SC. I'm also going on what Lookout said earlier about the models underestimating the CAD. I personally think that cold air won't be too much, if much a problem at all with this storm. Now if you want to bring up the topic of possible dry slots.......

Its not going to snow......... Here in S Mississippi.

Thanks. Ill try it out. The airforce has an entire book of meteorological techniques. Not sure how good they are. Go to good and type in AF MAN TN 98. It should be the first link that pops up.

I'll check it out. I learned a lot through just reading mostly internet sites, afds, blogs, AmWx, college, weather books, etc.

Archived