Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked up climo numbers at work today. Did ATL really see no snow in the 02-03 winter or are those numbers wrong? That's remarkable if true given it was an El Niño with good blocking, that comes off as more a surprise to me if they ultimately don't see 2-3 inches this winter because that was a weaker Nino than this and the STJ is basically non existent vs 03

It is correct. We picked up a fluffy inch in January with a clipper but it died south of Marietta.

I'm driving down highway 70 west near Smithfield and I see salt on the roads. Am I missing something?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On their twitter page 5 hours ago...

Crews are out brining problem areas that are prone to ice in Johnston County as a precaution.

I asked "for what, Friday's possible icy conditions?"

Afterthought, though.... there is a lot of weeping in road seams from recent heavy rains and soil content. Possibly for black ice conditions?

On their twitter page 5 hours ago...

i40_bigger.pngNCDOT I-40 ‏@NCDOT_I40

Crews are out brining problem areas that are prone to ice in Johnston County as a precaution.

I asked "for what, Friday's possible icy conditions?"

Afterthought, though.... there is a lot of weeping in road seams from recent heavy rains and soil content. Possibly for black ice conditions?

I guess, my wife asked me the same question?

I watched him talk about it this am and there is an article on the website outlining the most probable senario, ehcoing what you`ve been hearing here all day.

It's pointless. The guy hates Fishel and dogs him or anybody else or any model that doesn't show the maximum amount of snow in his back yard. It's always Fishel's fault for not hyping a 7 day out winter storm when there's massive uncertainty. It's always the models' fault when they don't show snow that ends up not falling not anyway. It's the "debbie downers'" fault for being too negative and not running around like a mindless puppy dog going balls to the wall full on snowstorm all day every day.

It's pointless. The guy hates Fishel and dogs him or anybody else or any model that doesn't show the maximum amount of snow in his back yard. It's always Fishel's fault for not hyping a 7 day out winter storm when there's massive uncertainty. It's always the models' fault when they don't show snow that ends up not falling not anyway. It's the "debbie downers'" fault for being too negative and not running around like a mindless puppy dog going balls to the wall full on snowstorm all day every day.

Yeah, CR I know. Don`t know why I tried except for what I told you in the pm the other day. Some these guys don`t know Greg and I guess I was trying to balence bricks negativity.

He's one of the reasons I don't visit this forum as much anymore.

Yeah, CR I know. Don`t know why I tried except for what I told you in the pm the other day. Some these guys don`t know Greg and I guess I was trying to balence bricks negativity.

Brick, it's gonna be ok! You are gonna get rain on Monday, it will wash all the dirt and grime off the basketball court and you can play the following Saturday , when it's 70 degrees outside! And remember, some of NC's best snowstorms come in March! :(

Wrong. I don't hate him. Just saying he is extremely conservative now, more so than he used to be. I guess he doesn't want to get burned. He was the same way with the last storm we had in January. 5 days out he said he didn't see where the precip would come from. 3 days out he said it wouldn't be cold enoug. Then we ended up with a wintry mix mess. I guess it is just the rule of thumb to start out saying we probably won't get anything and then change it as it goes. But I just don't get saying 5 days out it looks like all rain is any better than saying it's a big winter storm when in reality it is really too soon to know and things change up to the last minute here with regards to winter weather. I think laying out the possibilities like RAH did with their discussion is better.

Archived