Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens, ground temps won't be a problem early next week. AFD's will probably be talking about the dreaded 'warm nose', though, as the system gets closer.

From RAH

A BITTERLY COLD AIR MASS BUILDING INTO THE REGION OVER THEWEEKEND WILL RESULT IN AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF SUBFREEZINGTEMPERATURES. SOME AREAS COULD SEE TEMPERATURES AT OR BELOWFREEZING FOR 36 TO 48 HOURS. ADDITIONALLY... WIND CHILLS SATURDAYNIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING WILL RANGE FROM 0 TO 5 DEGREES ABOVEZERO.

How's the euro looking

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Icy for some still... probably being too aggressive cutting the low into a strong wedge.  If I were a betting man, I'd say it should be closer to the GGEM's 12z solution at worst and we will see what the Euro upgrade/ensembles have later.  I do think the snow threat is diminishing for many as of now.

From nws for hickory. I always like moderate.

Cloudy. Snow likely...mainly in the afternoon. Light snow accumulation possible. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Mon Night50 % Precip. / --

Snow likely. Rain likely after midnight. Additional heavy snow accumulation possible. Near steady temperatures in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Lol, of course.  It's winter!

I'm serious.

+PNA is good, but no blocking with a pronounced +NAO, and  this winter has been so weird with indices not generally performing in "text book" fashion (as if they ever do, understandably), I'm just wondering .....

Just a banter question/thought not worthy of sticking on a pinned thread.

ATL got 11" in early Jan 1940 and then 8 or 10" in late Jan ? Man that sounds like an epic winter. Didn't think ATL had ever had 20" in a winter.

I looked up climo numbers at work today. Did ATL really see no snow in the 02-03 winter or are those numbers wrong? That's remarkable if true given it was an El Niño with good blocking, that comes off as more a surprise to me if they ultimately don't see 2-3 inches this winter because that was a weaker Nino than this and the STJ is basically non existent vs 03

I looked up climo numbers at work today. Did ATL really see no snow in the 02-03 winter or are those numbers wrong? That's remarkable if true given it was an El Niño with good blocking, that comes off as more a surprise to me if they ultimately don't see 2-3 inches this winter because that was a weaker Nino than this and the STJ is basically non existent vs 03

Yes I'm seeing 0 snow for ATL in 02-03.  Looks like they got some light icing in the Dec '02 storm (big ice storm to their northeast)

Archived