• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

Blizzard conditions as far east as Knoxville Iowa (southeast of Des Moines).  Currently 1/4 mile with 52mph gust SN.

EDIT:  Oskaloosa just east of there recently reported 53mph at 3/4 mile.  Looks like CR crew could get a brief period of blizzard conditions as that moves northeast right at them.

Weird..its like dead calm here.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are reports of thundersnow all over my area.  I saw one flash and heard thunder four times.  We had big flakes pouring down for a while, but it has tapered off some and the flakes are small.  I still don't expect more than 1-2 inches.  This is really the first time all season that I've seen snow during daylight.

Snow starting here. 

My son told his teacher yesterday they weren't going to have school today...she said they were.  I told him today to tell her tomorrow that she was wrong and dad was right...dad is always right.  teachers...

Watch it. :)  I told my students we probably wouldn't have school today.

Thundersnow here.  At least four flashes of lightning.  Very heavy snow.  Temp right at 32.

Dry slot destroying snowfall across most of Iowa and southeastern Nebraska at this point. Central Nebraska and SW Wisconsin might be the jackpot areas. I'm questioning if MSP will get what's projected with how much the snow shield is falling apart across northern third of Iowa.

Archived