• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tropicaltidbits maps are straight 10:1 ratio

TT are only 10:1, but they are higher resolution.

I think the GFS will cave to the more SE tracks by 12z tomorrow. I think it's clear slightly weaker and southeast is the way to go.

TT are only 10:1, but they are higher resolution.

I think the GFS will cave to the more SE tracks by 12z tomorrow. I think it's clear slightly weaker and southeast is the way to go.

Agree weaker is looking likely downtick in snow around here is evident and blizzard conditions looking much less likely.  

My only point is the southern flank of the tropicaltidbits maps are likely over done especially considering surface temps

Agree weaker is looking likely downtick in snow around here is evident and blizzard conditions looking much less likely.  

My only point is the southern flank of the tropicaltidbits maps are likely over done especially considering surface temps

O, definitely are. Whoever can manage to hang onto 32° the longest, while avoiding the warm tongue aloft could score some really good snow in a short period of time. Kind of like how 2/7/13 was here.

And, oddly enough, it cut back on snow on the southern fringe. While the GFS expanded it a bit.

Coming down to a now cast event again. lol

Guess you have to pick a map and run with it I guess. I don't envy MKX, DVN, or GRR right now. ARX and GRB are a piece of cake.

gem_asnow_ncus_14.png

The UKMET took the low via Mexico and the Big Bend area, so something is screwy with it.

Models didn't seem too excited about the upper air data tonight, so I would throw anything beyond the GFS track as on outlier now.

Most of Iowa gets snow now. Would be pretty sweet being being on the receiving end of the convective band in the cold air.

I_nw_EST_2016020100_038.png

Archived