joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's so far from an apps runner...wouldn't even classify it as a cutter either, just inland.

I agree... at hour 150 it's in the mountains, main Low transfers headed out to sea and a second LPS forms over Macon, GA.

At 162 the main energy is off the NJ coast and the 2nd center is over Columbia, SC, it too on it's way out to sea via the NC coast.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but has the EURO not sped up the system by 24 hours - 36 hours from the 00Z run?

I think there has been some funky runs that show precip for like 3 days! Don't remember if it was Euro, but if it's a few waves on a stalled front , probably not picking up on the correct energy?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but has the EURO not sped up the system by 24 hours - 36 hours from the 00Z run?

It has sped up and slowed down the system each run, will take a while for specific timing to get nailed down I think. What I'm looking at is trends in the HP and of course track. Not surprised with euro track given current eps mean.

I think there has been some funky runs that show precip for like 3 days! Don't remember if it was Euro, but if it's a few waves on a stalled front , probably not picking up on the correct energy?

On this run right here when the main energy and LPS was really cranking back over Texas it was throwing moisture out to Athens, GA.  I would have to go back and look but probably would be A LOT of rain over 3-4 days.

Well, if you look at the 12z Euro. It has the polar vortex spinning in the exact same location from hour 0 to hour 216. Which is just to the south west of Greenland. If we want winter weather, we need that vortex to either weaken, or drop down over New england. It doesn't do us any good for it to just sit there spinning for 10 straight days.

Well that was a weird euro run. Looked like it wanted to Miller B but doesn't, goes due east? Don't understand that one. Either way, it looks like it's trying to cut like the rest of the models.

The spread is so large anything can happen 7 days out. Euro para will be important inside 5 days. Just a hunch I favor a Miller A track as of now, I'm liking this setup a lot more than last system.

Archived