• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter. Will it ever snow again?

mreaves

Morning shot looking at Mount Washington just after sunrise.  The cirrus was lighting up and there was a a few small clouds on a thin band near summit level in the Whites.  There's something shiny reflecting off Mount Washington and I was thinking it must be a snowfield.  Hard to see but its there.

attachicon.gif2L8A9660_edited-2.jpg

That is an awesome shot and yeah likely some glacial pack up there reflecting.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ginx. Maybe next year I will pay for the Euro. I know you hate to ask back yard questions but I'll ask you anyhow and since your such a nice guy I bet you'll answer. Does it still have some front end snow tomorrow PM and night for us? The NAM seemed to show a couple inches possible. Thanks!! Gene

sorry I didn't see this Gene and thanks for the compliment. Been out burning all the limbs we lost in our paste snowstorm. The Euro looks like an inch or so in higher els tomorrow night.

The Euro ten day snow totals are impressive but that means little. But this is a period to watch.

Yeah, I know. Frankly, I've made my peace with it, not that it means anything lol. It is what it is, we could have had record snow this winter and it still would have been crappy. Anyway, I am looking forward to nice weather and time on the links.

Suddenly it's turning white out there.

At least a tenth so we have measurable.

Big flakes.

Same here.  31.8F snow sticking now.  It's funny when I'm excited with good snow going on and you PF and me are the only ones on the boards having a snowy day.  Posting obs just rubs it in with everyone else.  Curious to see how much we end up with.  Probably 1/4" down but finally has fallen below freezing so we should accum.  Like to see an inch or two

post-268-0-60178200-1457979462_thumb.jpg

Same here.  31.8F snow sticking now.  It's funny when I'm excited with good snow going on and you PF and me are the only ones on the boards having a snowy day.  Posting obs just rubs it in with everyone else.  Curious to see how much we end up with.  Probably 1/4" down but finally has fallen below freezing so we should accum.  Like to see an inch or two

Watch and see what happens around and after 00z. A few models are hinting at a burst of precip as the weak coastal low tries to develop. Could be a quick couple of inches for someone before the warm up.

Nope, I got it going on too.  Had a mini flizzard and then it started to dump, with dump being a relative term this winter.  Looks like about .25" - .5" from the window at work in downtown Montpelier.

Just saw its still 20F at the picnic tables at Stowe and Sugarbush... that's pretty darn cold.  I didn't think that would hold so cold at 875mb level. 

That's a 3,000ft sub-freezing layer at least...with 20F at 4,000ft, 24F at 2,600ft and 29F at 1,550ft.  No idea how high above the summit the warm layer is...but I can't imagine it would rain with that thick of a layer.  Even if we lose the flakes I'd think that has to go to sleet with that thick of a cold layer.

A photo from about a half hour ago... a few tenths, if it keeps up might approach a full inch!

I just got back to my desk a little while ago, looked and the window at the mountains and realized that the precipitation looked like snow.  So naturally I checked the J&E Productions Live Web Cam and was quite surprised to that it was accumulating all the way to valley floor at our site.  It looks like a half inch or so as of ~2:45 P.M.:

14MAR16A.jpg

"People ask me all the time how I'm going to make Vermont winters great again. Let me tell you, No one is going to make Vermont winters better than I will. We never win anymore. The storms all go to the south. Or the north. I can tell you that they do cause I know. And Tahoe is kicking our ass. They eat our shirts in snow totals. We have a seven hundred inch snow deficit. Nobody will negotiate better for snow than I will. We are going to build a wall to keep all the nasty New Hampshire and New York City residents out. The wall will be huge. And New Hampshire will pay for it. Mark my words they will. I will place a huge beautiful golden door in the l wall because not all of them are mean. Maybe one or two percent aren't. I know how to build beautiful walls. I'm a builder." #MakeVTWintersGreatAgain

-@Eric Morton

Archived