Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter. Will it ever snow again?

mreaves

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd argue that I'm seeing the hardest snow of the season right now. It's kinda crazy outside.

Its been a long time since I've been able to just sit and watch it snow hard at the mountain.  Its amazing how little snow has fallen this winter when these days of snow showers and squalls seem like deep deep winter.

Anyway, wintery appeal this morning.  Never going to be able to measure it.  Gusting like 40mph in the base area (despite the flags calm at the moment, haha).

We've definitely been getting down to 1/4sm or maybe even less when the wind blows.   Dark outside too.  Stormy look.

pretty solid agreement for a ski area special and more VT NH ME on the Euro/Gfs and their ens packages.

06z gfs was startling in its difference from a day or two ago, and I'm not ready to believe a warning criteria snowfall for Thursday night, or FVE at -9 Wed morning while SNE begins leaping for 60s.  However, this is the season for stalled fronts with titanic differences north to south.  Doing a round trip foothills to Sturbridge Thursday (forestry convention), so if it's going to pound, I'm hoping to get home first.  (ETA about 10-11 PM)

06z gfs was startling in its difference from a day or two ago, and I'm not ready to believe a warning criteria snowfall for Thursday night, or FVE at -9 Wed morning while SNE begins leaping for 60s. However, this is the season for stalled fronts with titanic differences north to south. Doing a round trip foothills to Sturbridge Thursday (forestry convention), so if it's going to pound, I'm hoping to get home first. (ETA about 10-11 PM)

Sturbridge Mass?

Yup. Sturbridge Host at Cedar Lake. Should have about 500 miles traveled when I'm done. I'd planned a Wednesday overnight but schedule-compression nixed that. However, I'll be taking a change of clothes in case the storm is: 1. real, and 2. early. ;)

Ha that's why I was asking...my first summer job ever was working at the Sturbridge Host Hotel in their Conference and Catering department, serving banquet food at events just like that. I figured if you said Sturbridge that was the only place you could be talking about. Worked there while spending the summers in NE CT in Woodstock.

Ha that's why I was asking...my first summer job ever was working at the Sturbridge Host Hotel in their Conference and Catering department, serving banquet food at events just like that. I figured if you said Sturbridge that was the only place you could be talking about. Worked there while spending the summers in NE CT in Woodstock.

Lived in sturbridge 2003-2009. Nice town. Gotta love the liquor store.

We changed over to a sleet or graupel mixed with rain at the base with all snow above 1,800ft...but then this band moved in and we switched back to heavy snow at all elevations.

I have a feeling once this moves out we go over to like drizzle in the lower elevations and snow grains up high.

Currently:

3,600ft...23F

1,600ft...27F

1,550ft...31F

Will be the first time I've stopped in Sturbridge, except to pay the Mass Pike toll.

Burst of +SN in Augusta shortly after noon, whitened the ground (including pavement) with perhaps 1/3".  Now just light mixed whatever.

Another nice burst arrived about 1:30, now tapering off.  Looks like close to 1" new in AUG.  This is the kind of unexpected (to stick on pavement) stuff that results in pile-ups; hope that's not the case this time.

Greenville recorded 0.24" LE between 7A-1P with mid 20s - might be a quick 4" there.

Another nice burst arrived about 1:30, now tapering off.  Looks like close to 1" new in AUG.  This is the kind of unexpected (to stick on pavement) stuff that results in pile-ups; hope that's not the case this time.

Greenville recorded 0.24" LE between 7A-1P with mid 20s - might be a quick 4" there.

0.5" here

Archived