joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Forecasts/Disco/Obs

snowman19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. 6+ just to the north and west of NYC per Euro. NYC gets 3-5 on the Euro. Not sure if that is from the sunday wave or the front end.

The Sunday wave on the Euro is 1-2" and that's being generous

6-8" NW of nyc on front end dump, washed away by 1.0"+ of rain

My point was "big" snowstorm.. As in 12+ that isn't washed away by soaking rains

The Sunday wave on the Euro is 1-2" and that's being generous

6-8" NW of nyc on front end dump, washed away by 1.0"+ of rain

My point was "big" snowstorm.. As in 12+ that isn't washed away by soaking rains

Euro went stronger on this run compared to 0z in regards to Sunday. Lets see what the Nam shows soon.

It's likely a perception thing because we look at models more now beyond day 4-5 because more models go out that far. Also, models are better so they see those treats a week or more out and struggle with them, used to be they didn't pick them up as much so we didn't see the evolution to the eventual solution

Bingo

Bingo

Yeah, it was typical in the 70's and 80's not to even get the P-TYPE correct on a 24 hr forecast.

Many times the storms tracked further SE than expected and we were left with no precip when

warnings were issued. The telltale sign was a full moon visible through a thin high cloud deck

when it was supposed to be snowing. ;)

I think the idea of the models picking up on post day 5 threats successfully didn't really emerge

until the early 90's. So we have come a long way since those days. At least now we can pick

out day 6-10 storm threats in a general sense and sometimes more specifically.

Archived