Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2016 Forecasts/Disco/Obs

snowman19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mt holly has me 54 and 52 for the upcoming weekend...I thought we were cooling down heading into February?

I hesitate to feed the troll, however, it's the end of February for starters and we saw some of the coldest temps in years towards the middle of the month. February has featured a warm beginning and warm end with very cold temps in between. 

GFS dumps 6 inches of rain in spots over the next 10 days

verbatim it's the GFS past day 5, so have to take that for what it's worth, but with no NAO help and a strong WAR, cutters seem like the most likely option.

The pattern is great for storms but without blocking they are going to be cutters. 

The Western Atlantic Ridge continues to run the table. The Arctic shot that the Euro was 

showing for the weekend a few days ago just vanished as stronger ridging builds in.

February will finish up warmer than it was looking even a few days ago as the models

continue to underestimate the WAR.

Old Euro run

New Euro run

Brutal 12z runs today. Looks like March will be cutter after cutter. Looks like we might torch later in March I hope

NYC would have under 10 inches of snow on the season to date if it wasn't for that lucky Kara block

building across the pole and tanking the AO in January. But it made the difference between a 40

degree winter with little snow and the heaviest daily snowfall pushing NYC above 30". This will

probably go down as the luckiest snowfall season on record for NYC.

NYC would have under 10 inches of snow on the season to date if it wasn't for that lucky Kara block

building across the pole and tanking the AO in January. But it made the difference between a 40

degree winter with little snow and the heaviest daily snowfall pushing NYC above 30". This will

probably go down as the luckiest snowfall season on record for NYC.

Pulled a rabbit out of our hat! Could be a lot worse we could be well below avg like Orh in sne or parts of NNE that don't even have snow cover

What was the coldest temp for the warmest winter ever in NYC? Would be interesting to have warmest met winter but also a record low of -1 at the park

We beat both the snowfall and low temperature records by a wide margin for warmest winters in NYC over 40 degrees.

DJF temp....year....snowfall....winter minimum temperature

41.5..........01-02.......3.5"..............19

40.5..........11-12.......7.4"..............13

40.4..........15-16......31.2".............-1....through February 22nd

40.1..........31-32.......5.3".............18

We beat both the snowfall and low temperature records by a wide margin for warmest winters in NYC over 40 degrees.

DJF temp....year....snowfall....winter minimum temperature

41.5..........01-02.......3.5"..............19

40.5..........11-12.......7.4"..............13

40.4..........15-16......31.2".............-1....through February 22nd

40.1..........31-32.......5.3".............18

I wonder if the activists, media, and masses were screaming global warming in 1931-32

Archived