SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2016 Discussion

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the most impressive synoptic wind event since I've worked at LOT aside from GHD I. Big telltale of what was to come was the 72 kt/83 mph winds at 860 mb on the 12z DVN sounding. Because of the deep trough, that level was only 1 km/3,300 ft AGL. Based on an early AMDAR sounding from MDW, we mixed to 770 mb, so it's not surprising given what was observed on the 12z DVN RAOB how widespread the 60+ wind gusts and damage were.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That was the most impressive synoptic wind event since I've worked at LOT aside from GHD I. Big telltale of what was to come was the 72 kt/83 mph winds at 860 mb on the 12z DVN sounding. Because of the deep trough, that level was only 1 km/3,300 ft AGL. Based on an early AMDAR sounding from MDW, we mixed to 770 mb, so it's not surprising given what was observed on the 12z DVN RAOB how widespread the 60+ wind gusts and damage were.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah this one was quality. Was nice having the windows open.

That wind cost me a new Weber--the takeoff was smooth but the landing left the lid quite egg-shaped.

Weber is pretty dam good at standing by their product.. Id call and explain your unfortunate situation and see what you two can work out.. I got a 26" model a few weeks back.. O my that extra real estate is great.

Well it's clear that warm fronts probably won't have a hard time clearing I80 this year!

And yes, this weather is amazing. To hell with winter.

Might be a favorable year for severe weather locally in that case. Add in the factor that the lakes are above normal at this point as well.

Might be a favorable year for severe weather locally in that case. Add in the factor that the lakes are above normal at this point as well.

I'm leaning toward a bit of a slow start but hopefully won't be excessively slow. I mean, I don't expect 2012 to be walking through the door (early start and early finish).

People get bent out of shape about abusing the use of "torch", but today was truly that. IND smoked their old record:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN
450 PM EST SAT FEB 20 2016

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 72 DEGREES WAS SET IN INDIANAPOLIS
INDIANA THIS AFTERNOON...BREAKING THE OLD RECORD OF 67 SET IN 1983.
THIS IS THE SECOND RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE THIS MONTH IN
INDIANAPOLIS, THE FIRST BEING 61 DEGREES ON FEBRUARY 2. WE MISSED
BREAKING THE RECORD BY TWO DEGREES ON FEBRUARY 3. YESTERDAY/S WARMTH
WAS SEVEN DEGREES SHORT OF BREAKING THE RECORD. TEMPERATURES WILL
COOL THROUGH FRIDAY, WITH HIGHS ONLY REACHING THE MID 30S FRIDAY.
NORMAL HIGHS FOR FEBRUARY 20 TO 29 ARE 42 TO 45 DEGREES.

Archived