Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they are pretty far apart for sure. All eyes on Sunday when the energy hits the coast. If it hits farther south and the trough is sharper than is currently modeled, you lucky bastards are money.

You should move back. Southern tier Wisconsin or northern tier Illinois. j/k

I love it up there but I was so ticked to be there post Christmas when that modeled MSP big dog put down a lame 4 or 5 while the epic sleeter was laying down a month's worth of icy cover down here. Woods are still holding onto that and I'm hoping it survives any weekend thaw.

GFS going to be north...already way too deep over vegas by 6z monday

any improvement with the lead wave is trashed, western trough looking very unfavorable if you're wishing this one south

Moving much more east northeast this run with the trough still positively tilted. This is a good trend on this run. Unfortunately it didn't dig as much so it may be worse for Chicago but better for mid Michigan into Ontario

It eventually goes negative Tuesday night as it passes through here. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a thunderstorm potential even as far north as here. This is a very dynamic system and if this were coming a month or so later we'd be talking about one hell of a severe weather outbreak.

The Geos magnet is certainly powerful, but I'll argue this one has plenty to do with the date/"holiday" the storm is falling on. Sure it's all a coincidence, but It's been good to us lately around here.

Haha . It always seems to snow the first week of February. I can't remember the last time I saw grass on my birthday the 5th.

Positive developments in the last day.

Archived