• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

I've just seen it far too often with southeast wind and snow cover surface temps here fight the warm air intrusion. Sure we may get above freezing eventually, but I don't think it happens here at surface as quick as models have.

do you have in your records the last time we saw warning criteria ice? i looked in my notes but don't have anything the last 10 years anyhow. 

Edit- i just saw in my notes, February 6, 2004, .5 ice. But no sure of accuracy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Campus closes at five now. I'm really, really concerned about a prolonged ice event for the Lancaster area since low level temps are much colder than what most models had progged. This could be a repeat of the last major ice event where CTP was playing catch up the entire time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

do you have in your records the last time we saw warning criteria ice? i looked in my notes but don't have anything the last 10 years anyhow.

Edit- i just saw in my notes, February 6, 2004, .5 ice. But no sure of accuracy

Unfortunately no I don't... I think there was an event 2-3 years ago that was close to .25" but I can't recall date

Campus closes at five now. I'm really, really concerned about a prolonged ice event for the Lancaster area since low level temps are much colder than what most models had progged. This could be a repeat of the last major ice event where CTP was playing catch up the entire time.

Please no. I lost power for two and a half days in that one two years ago.

Yea that was horrible. Global models completely misplaced the boundary and low wound up further East leading to some impressive accretion.

And that was the one some "met" on here said not to expect any problems but hoped for a good ice storm. He disappeared here this year.

Looks like every model is getting more and more bullish with ZR potential... seems to happen every time in these CAD setups.

For some reason, we up here never seem to do well with ice forecasts. We almost always end up getting much less, with a relatively rapid changeover to plain rain.

Archived