joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK maybe I was wrong. It's coming down pretty hard, visibility probably 1/8 mile or so. Main roads are starting to get a slushy coating.

I know a bunch of pissed off people. Streets were pretty clear, no delays then it went down hill. School buses are like 30-45 minutes late to their stops because of the crashes. Rush hour will suck if we get what Blizzard93 thinks. 

I know a bunch of pissed off people. Streets were pretty clear, no delays then it went down hill. School buses are like 30-45 minutes late to their stops because of the crashes. Rush hour will suck if we get what Blizzard93 thinks. 

HRRR makes it look like not much will accumulate if just looking at the total accumulated snowfall maps but I believe it is factoring predicted surface temps above 32 to assume little accumulation.  If some of these rates and low visibilities continue (especially those around PA/MD border right now) temps are going to stay closer to 32.  Roads would have been fine if Penndot had not waited until the snow started to stick to the roads to start putting down some salt with favorable temps for treatment like this.

HRRR makes it look like not much will accumulate if just looking at the total accumulated snowfall maps but I believe it is factoring predicted surface temps above 32 to assume little accumulation.  If some of these rates and low visibilities continue (especially those around PA/MD border right now) temps are going to stay closer to 32.  Roads would have been fine if Penndot had not waited until the snow started to stick to the roads to start putting down some salt with favorable temps for treatment like this.

agreed. I didn't even see anyone out this am early on my way in. Normally they are. 

Its been a modeled as a multipart system w/ lobes passing through, yet in the first hours of the storm....the storm cancels show up.

While we/I may get jipped or shorted w/ accums, the models have been showing this afternoon/eve for the good stuff since yesterday.  

We've become a society of instant gratification and if I dont get what i want now....then phooey on you.....

BTW, as I'm in sales, so I "get around".  Yesterday I saw several trucks pretreating the roads...

.....and if I would have seen a 100, then some would have said....what a waste of taxpayer money.  

Just some observations from a guy whose been around the block a few times....

Enjoy the mood flakes....rippage....whatever your getting...and on the bright side, next week sounds like more chances for fun.

Nut

Its been a modeled as a multipart system w/ lobes passing through, yet in the first hours of the storm....the storm cancels show up.

While we/I may get jipped or shorted w/ accums, the models have been showing this afternoon/eve for the good stuff since yesterday.  

We've become a society of instant gratification and if I dont get what i want now....then phooey on you.....

BTW, as I'm in sales, so I "get around".  Yesterday I saw several trucks pretreating the roads...

.....and if I would have seen a 100, then some would have said....what a waste of taxpayer money.  

Enjoy the mood flakes....rippage....whatever your getting...and on the bright side, next week sounds like more chances for fun.

Nut

i'm not complaining, i was only stating my observation. Normally when 1 flake falls, there are multiple state vehicles staged near the on ramps waiting to spring into action around the capital beltway, today i didn't see any of that. Maybe they're strategically waiting don't know.

I told a friend of mine this morning bitching about the school, had the district done a delay, or cancelled people would still be pissed because the roads were not covered. 

Nut

I saw Penn Dot trucks all over Lanco this morning dropping salt on wet roads. I think they're being proactive. 

i'm not complaining, i was only stating my observation. Normally when 1 flake falls, there are multiple state vehicles staged near the on ramps waiting to spring into action around the capital beltway, today i didn't see any of that. Maybe they're strategically waiting don't know.

I told a friend of mine this morning bitching about the school, had the district done a delay, or cancelled people would still be pissed because the roads were not covered. 

I know bud...I got u :).  

Just sayin that theres no magic pill....and we all know mo nature can be a cruel biyatchh sometimes.

Go to NE forum and read Tips morning update about the last half of the month.....should turn frowns upside down (hint....he is rethinking his warmup and thinks we may reload and hold....(well thats what I got outta it anyway). He sees several decent threat opps too.  :snowing:

Nut

Things are starting to play out as many predicted with the second half of winter being cold and potentially stormy. Jan 22, aside it hasn't been anything really noteworthy but we're just at the half-way point for the season, really. Looks like things are going to be more exciting down the stretch.

I know bud...I got u :).  

Just sayin that theres no magic pill....and we all know mo nature can be a cruel biyatchh sometimes.

Go to NE forum and read Tips morning update about the last half of the month.....should turn frowns upside down (hint....he is rethinking his warmup and thinks we may reload and hold....(well thats what I got outta it anyway). He sees several decent threat opps too.  :snowing:

Nut

I actually like this type of event. Makes everything look wintery ya know :) 

My wife said it was getting greasy in Hershey when she went in, i told her to keep an eye on it.  

Things are starting to play out as many predicted with the second half of winter being cold and potentially stormy. Jan 22, aside it hasn't been anything really noteworthy but we're just at the half-way point for the season, really. Looks like things are going to be more exciting down the stretch.

While we should be cautious about pushin all the chips in....I guess we've got nothing to lose eh?

I think we get the ground white, and keep it white while discussing other threats... will help for sure.

It's been a tough year....and hey i have 2 snowmobiles that havent seen 100 miles yet this year.  I get the pain gang.

it is what it is.  Here's to better times..and sledding.

Nut

Archived