SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son was in Boston last summer and saw snow piles on the 4th of July weekend. 

Yeah we had friends send me pics last summer as well...

they know how i long for snow.... :)

just crazy ya know....i'd bet w/ a typical Nino spring, Memorial day is in play at City Island.

If you see a guy making a snowcross track out of it some Saturday morning....it isn't me  :sled:

Nut

Lmao

Rolled through Williamsport twice today. Once up and once back for a run up to Tioga. It's amazing to see NO snow up in Billtown whatsoever. The cutoff itself was quite amazing. Next to nothing just north of I-80 and probably half a foot just down the road in Northumberland.

Rolled through Williamsport twice today. Once up and once back for a run up to Tioga. It's amazing to see NO snow up in Billtown whatsoever. The cutoff itself was quite amazing. Next to nothing just north of I-80 and probably half a foot just down the road in Northumberland.

That's how we roll in Billtown man!! Let me know next time you roll through I'll buy you dinner.

Hi gang - some storm huh?

I don't stop by too often but I did a while back to remind that last year, winter did not really get started in the snow dept until late Jan. I saw a repeat to that as fitting with my November call for a mid-loaded winter.

So we see another warm up in winter in the upcoming week. This will break into another shot at very cold and stormy weather. The Return Rosby Wave cycle, as well as the Bering Sea Rule, have indicated another potential centering on 2/10 with yet another event possible by 2/15. These also have minor support via the Typhoon Rule (or East Asia Rule) if you will.

More recently, we have seen the deterministic GFS as well as a good number of GEFS also picking up on the signal - as a -ve NAO transitions in conjunction with a -ve AO and another bout of robust +PNA.

Buckle up buttercups! Winter is about to unleash another round of fury. Perhaps not to the extent of the Blizzard, but without the blizzard, would get many snowlovers quite excited.

By George, I cannot tell a lie, by the President's birthday, snow should once again fly. Honest Abe!

Stay peaceful, all.

Any updates on flooding potential in Harrisburg? The Susquehanna is very high already, and with a Wednesday of 3/4" rain and temps at 50 things might go badly quickly.

Also, someone built this snow cat along Front Street in Harrisburg (at the Calder Street intersection) and it's the best thing I've ever seen.

76755c9b9d1b78a55ad8b4ef87c011cf_jpg_max

Any updates on flooding potential in Harrisburg? The Susquehanna is very high already, and with a Wednesday of 3/4" rain and temps at 50 things might go badly quickly.

Also, someone built this snow cat along Front Street in Harrisburg (at the Calder Street intersection) and it's the best thing I've ever seen.

76755c9b9d1b78a55ad8b4ef87c011cf_jpg_max

Cool, very cool. I like.

As for flooding, things don't look too bad ATTM - the <1" on the way should easily be handled. It is not as if upstream is also socked in with snow pack, so that helps too.

post-2399-0-07116200-1454101810_thumb.pn

Well, while we're in a lull weather-wise...some news.

This Summer, I will likely not be posting here as regularly...instead, I will be posting observations and whatnot in the NYC forum.

Why?

I am glad to announce that today, I received an e-mail saying that I have been accepted into the New York City Teaching Fellows, a program that will help pave the road for me to become a teacher and also receive a masters' in education! I will be able to get certification in NY state and also teach in a high-needs area; my subject area can also help open many other doors both nationally and maybe even throughout the world. My sister went through the same program about 10 years ago and has done very well for herself as both a teacher and now in school administration in NYC.

I'll be relocating to New York City sometime in June. (NE)PA will always be my home - regardless of the annoying fringing :P - and this part of AmWx will always be in my heart - but this opportunity is a big one and certainly one I can't pass on. Needless to say, I'm very excited. :thumbsup:

This Summer, I will likely not be posting here as regularly...instead, I will be posting observations and whatnot in the NYC forum.

Why?

I am glad to announce that today, I received an e-mail saying that I have been accepted into the New York City Teaching Fellows, a program that will help pave the road for me to become a teacher and also receive a masters' in education! I will be able to get certification in NY state and also teach in a high-needs area; my subject area can also help open many other doors both nationally and maybe even throughout the world. My sister went through the same program about 10 years ago and has done very well for herself as both a teacher and now in school administration in NYC.

I'll be relocating to New York City sometime in June. (NE)PA will always be my home - regardless of the annoying fringing :P - and this part of AmWx will always be in my heart - but this opportunity is a big one and certainly one I can't pass on. Needless to say, I'm very excited. :thumbsup:

Congratulations man! And I'm sure you're just as super excited to be posting over there...you've had so many good things to say in the past about your soon-to-be friends.  :lmao:

Why?

I have been teaching for over 20 years, and I love it. (I am adjunct faculty which means I get one or two classes every semester)

Cool, very cool. I like.

As for flooding, things don't look too bad ATTM - the <1" on the way should easily be handled. It is not as if upstream is also socked in with snow pack, so that helps too.

Hm, it looks way higher to me. It's past the steps on the bottom sidewalk and 3/4 up the Walnut bridge pilons.

It's ice damned at the 83 bridge and doesn't break real until past the Harvey Taylor.

I'll trust this chart though!

Why?

Congrats!

That means NYC winter jackpots are no more. ;)

Why?

But we just got someone to help w/ the PBP's in our forum...:)

Congrats man.  Happy for you and best of luck.  Hopefully you'll stop in come storm time next year.

Nut

Why?

Congrats!!!

Why?

Best of Luck....at least NYC is making out better than us this winter!

Archived