• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

There is zero chance of class Monday. Zero chance for almost all suburbs.

Oh absolutely. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant that NW MOCO is, so far, much snowier than SE MOCO and the kids in the wheaton and silver spring area are going to benefit because the district is going to be closed until the whole county is clear.

And I've had less snow in those 12 hours than in the 12 before that.

Yep. I woke up at 9:00 and I've seen maybe 1" or so since then. It's snowing, but nothing special. Literally just conversational snow over the last 3-4 hours with some wind gusts to make it look special.

The front end thump was great though.

Any SE DCers on here?  Looks like it's ripping there.

Yep... not ripping but definitely getting stronger. Winds have also just really increased as well. and flake size is larger but mixed with smaller ones.

Really coming down in Columbia for the last 45mins or so.  After doing some snow blowing in my neighborhood's driveways and seeing some less drifted areas, I feel much more confident of being in the 18-20" range now.  If we can keep these rates up for several more hours, 2' might still be in play.

Sorry to the DC crew.  Looks like the dark greens are knocking on your door though.  Hope they make it there.  As of 6am this morning, I thought you guys were easily going to top my total for the day. 

... back to light snow after 2-3 hours of flurries  ... radar says moderate snow incoming.  Have 1/2 inch since ~4:30. 

My subdivision backs to AA ... so I feel the AA pain. 

Yep... not ripping but definitely getting stronger. Winds have also just really increased as well. and flake size is larger but mixed with smaller ones.

Visibility has finally dropped. 

DCA 14.9 as of 1pm. IAD at 23.5...

Good enough for top 10 for DCA

It was such a productive event overnight that some big ones are potentially within reach

Dec 2009 16.4

Feb 83 16.6

PD2 16.7

Blizz 96 17.1

Feb 2010 17.8

PD1 18.7

weather channel showing the surfact low right on the mouth of chesapeake with the upper level low making its way across southern va.  the cloud tops were impressive all the way back to the mountains.  pretty cool actually.  the rest of the afternoon should be pretty fun.

GREarth's mesoanalysis data is showing the surface low deepening and actually wobbling toward shore at the moment (it's actually a double SLP, with the western low moving toward shore). That would be consistent with my station pressure dropping roughly 1.5 mbar in 3 hours.

Winners are always positive. Try being in a dry slot since 5am and having something good to say while everyone else is counting inches.

I am in the same boat. Been up since 5am for nothing.

This is just biblical in Rockville.  I'm getting legit worried about the roof of my family room - has a way less steep pitch than the rest of my roof...

Anyone from Baltimore City want to post their totals? Trying to guess when Hopkins will open next week. 

Homewood (the undergrad school of arts and sciences) will be open Monday.  They dont close... they have like 5 comuters

It was such a productive event overnight that some big ones are potentially within reach

Dec 2009 16.4

Feb 83 16.6

PD2 16.7

Blizz 96 17.1

Feb 2010 17.8

PD1 18.7

Oh yeah, if we can get a couple hours of good stuff we can shoot up the top 10. I was hoping for #2 and it may still be reachable...Knickerbocker was never really in play IMO even with the stuff last night. 

Hopefully, we can kick this slot soon and re-fire on all cylinders. We're not far away from this being a very nice event. 

Lol, I say that again and this is already top 10.

19.0" @ 1:30pm

Streets plowed and passable. Not really that bad out. In 2010 it was 4 days before a plow even attempted to do our street. Little worried that OPM will be open Monday. ;)

Yeah it's pretty ok in the district.  People out and about, some cars on the roads.