joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went for my 6th or 7th jebwalk of the storm. Stunningly beautiful outside (although not the easiest to appreciate when your struggling to keep your balance after every step you take..). 

Very difficult to measure the pack but it seemed to be anywhere between 20 and 24''. Snow is very drifty and the wind certainly was up to par.

The rates weren't as intense as last night but were still great.

So yea, I must say, I'm extremely satisfied with this storm. Still can't believe it isn't done. Also, I made a few videos and they'll be on their way soon.

Just got back inside from shovelling around previously shoveled areas.  Another 2".  Getting harder to measure with winds kicking up considerably in past hour, but based on earlier measurements, I'd say IMBY it's in the 17"-20" range at 11:00am in east Columbia area.

Temp is 23.4 at 11:25am. Mod snow w/blowing snow.

I'm at the H on this screen shot for those who might wonder where I'm posting from.

I am about 20 miles to your NE. Had 18.9" total at 8:00, from three six-hour swipes of the board. Didn't sweep, but checked it at 11:00 and another 6.5" had fallen. Wondering if I may have lost some to the winds which have been noticeably stronger in this band. Sat another board this morning in a different location, but am gonna have to shovel a path to it between now and 2:00.

Archived