Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had cleared part of our walkway earlier this morning. Seems I've picked up another inch so I'd say I'm sitting around 19" on the event now. Can any Silver Spring people or Bob Chill confirm you're in this neighborhood? Actually...Bob may be ahead now since he was closer to the persistent heavies to the west.

EDIT: I see Bob has 20"

I measured around 16-20" on the ground about an hour and a half ago. Seems consistent with your measurement

I had cleared part of our walkway earlier this morning. Seems I've picked up another inch so I'd say I'm sitting around 19" on the event now. Can any Silver Spring people or Bob Chill confirm you're in this neighborhood? Actually...Bob may be ahead now since he was closer to the persistent heavies to the west. 

I'm a few miles west of you and have around 19" on my deck

I can confirm. I've gotten a little more than an inch since 8:30, and I was around 18" then. I'm south of Colesville, though. Right around the Beltway.

You have to have more after getting those deathbands earlier. 

Maybe a little more.  It's not more than 18" for sure.  Could be as low as ~15".  I haven't taken any measurements though so who knows.  Nearby PWS has 1.49" liquid.  That could be low actually, but we mixed from about 5am-630am and didn't really add anything in that time.  Mostly had small flakes today outside of some of the heavier bands. 

Radar says it should be barely snowing here, but it's really coming down right now. I'd be happy with this rate for another seven hours or so. More would be better, too. :)

Interesting. It's barely precipitating imby currently.

Up to 17 inches in Roland park are balt city - two inches since last measurement around 9:30. Best rates at my neighborhood of the storm last hour - much better flake size.

Anyone else from this part of city with similar numbers? What is bwi at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Neighbor, you seem to be pretty on point. Things have really picked up here this past hour. Next round of shoveling soon, just saw a truck stuck on Roland Avenue

Agreed. I just went to measure and it was borderline mod snow. Looks like it is calming down though...for now...

Congrats, Bob! I hope to join you in this club soon!

A little slower here than a few minutes ago, but still not bad. And I do see the radar shifting south probably just enough to get me into the heavier stuff, and probably you too (I'm a block north of 395).

Archived