SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 19.5" in Davidsonville. Was at 15" around 5am before entering the big lull and only picked up about an inch and a half after then before picking back up in the last hour and a half.

Cool. I finally got some good spots and it looks like I'm at 18.5. That dry slot really hurt us.

25" (or so). Two more inches to go to reach what MBY got in 2/5-6

Approaching a 30-hour duration storm. Authentic blizzard (even DCA agrees).

Maybe most important, NO mixing.

GOAT.

Only thing lacking is thundersnow (which evidently I slept through).

Maybe that incoming band could produce something loud?

Unbelievable afternoon in Richmond. The bands out of DC never stopped. They rolled into the metro and we've definitely gotten 5+ from about 2pm on. RIC may very well break the 33 year streak of no snow greater than a foot. We will see.

I was wondering about you guys. Great to hear that!

Alternating between moderate and heavy still in Ashburn.

I just spent 45 minutes outside clearing the 4 foot drift off of my balcony for fear of structural damage (it's cantilevered from the house, so no support columns). I should have just kept my snow gear on and gone on a photo taking mission. I guess I'll have to go back out at some point this evening to re-clear the HVAC unit.

Greatest storm I've ever seen. What a day...

Unbelievable afternoon in Richmond. The bands out of DC never stopped. They rolled into the metro and we've definitely gotten 5+ from about 2pm on. RIC may very well break the 33 year streak of no snow greater than a foot. We will see.

CONGRATS on your snow, I hope you all get obliterated by massive amounts of snow!

Archived