Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This development and late save for many of us should actually make this storm historic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why everyone was panicking.  Yes the dry slot was not modeled well, but it was clearly going to come crashing to a halt even if it held on a few hours longer than it should have.  Making up for it now, for sure.

Measured 19.5 inches at 3:30pm - basically another inch and a half in an hour with this stuff. Cleared off boards to measure but even that is tough with some of the winds. 

Still SN+ with temp at 24. Neighbors did some shoveling today and that's basically been ruined. 

Amazing stuff.

This development and late save for many of us should actually make this storm historic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me, this is past historic and probably my favorite storm.  the combination of duration, some wind, temps, lack of sleet puts it right on part with the big ones and i think beat them.

for me, this is past historic and probably my favorite storm.  the combination of duration, some wind, temps, lack of sleet puts it right on part with the big ones and i think beat them.

This is the one. Favorite storm of all time. I didn't live here in 96 but I doubt I would have appreciated that storm like I have this one. It's one for the ages. My interest in long lead tracking is over this year. Most exhausting and enjoyable week of my weather nerd life. 

This is the one. Favorite storm of all time. I didn't live here in 96 but I doubt I would have appreciated that storm like I have this one. It's one for the ages. My interest in long lead tracking is over this year. Most exhausting and enjoyable week of my weather nerd life. 

Retiring already? Enjoy! :)

Archived