Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAP is even more aggressive this latest run.  another ~0.45 for DC, and end time of the good stuff pushed back to 7-8pm

Yeah, the RAP holds even lighter precip through midnight, from the looks of it.  I'm only viewing the somewhat lower resolution view on Instant Wx Maps...looks like it tries to get around 0.50"+ precip in the DC metro area through the end (the dark blue color), and ~5-6" snow.  But like I said, that may not be the best resolution and I'm eyeballing it.  Either way, a good amount still left to come it appears!

Yeah, the RAP holds even lighter precip through midnight, from the looks of it.  I'm only viewing the somewhat lower resolution view on Instant Wx Maps...looks like it tries to get around 0.50"+ precip in the DC metro area through the end (the dark blue color), and ~5-6" snow.  But like I said, that may not be the best resolution and I'm eyeballing it.  Either way, a good amount still left to come it appears!

Look how the bands dropping in from PA have filled in the radar in western MD. 

I see RIC  airport is up to it's ole shennanagins....... I saw a report that they are officially measuring 6". I live literally 3 miles from there and I have 11".

Agreed.   Unless that 6" of NEW snow which it might be. 

I'm 3 miles south east of airpoirt.. and have picked up 7" of new snow today. 

5" yesterday of snow.    2.5" sleet.     Then 7" since then.       13.5" snow total so far.   Snow depth in my yard ranges from 11" to 13"  

Yup, you and Zwyts beat me to it.... ++ SN right now as well

The precip should wrap up from the SW to the NE.  So in that direction.  The backedge is not progressing west yet, however, because the low is stalled over the DelMarva.

I realize that I am sick. I'm really SICK.

But I want that low to stay stalled for at least a week.

I've never wanted something as bad as I want that low over the Delmarva to stall out for days and days.

Archived