• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

You are an inspiration Jeb. Even my kids know what a "Jeb walk" means. Hope this is magical for you!

Thanks. But even If I don't get a lot more, I still want DC to get totally nuclear snow globed for hours and hours and hours. Completely destroyed by incredible, record-breaking amounts of snow.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCA's obs have been pretty accurate this storm, have they not?

At 7 am, they were good. I had 14.5, they said 14. Pretty close.

But we were still getting good snow on and off between 7 am and 10:30.  I got 3 inches.  DCA got 0.6.  It's like the Day Shift showed up and everything went back to their usually screwed up ways. 

At 7 am, they were good. I had 14.5, they said 14. Pretty close.

But we were still getting good snow on and off between 7 am and 10:30. I got 3 inches. DCA got 0.6. It's like the Day Shift showed up and everything went back to their usually screwed up ways.

Glover Park isn't DCA dude. East Coast BECS obs have been remarkably close to DCA.

East side of Columbia, 2pm:

Heavy snow and blowing snow.  Gusts have been 25mph frequently altho one gust in particular was 40mph earlier.  Snow measuring getting less accurate by the hour but am guesstimating somewhere in the 19"-22" range at 2pm IMBY.  Pouring snow as I hit the POST button.

dont think your east columbia, as i live 4 miles west of 95.

Whoa Bel Air. Fringed by the deathband here SE of 95 but it's definitely gotten realer. Best rates of the day. SN BLSN

over 3 feet of snow or more - around the house - yardstick is pretty useless - had to crawl on top of the snow to get to the front of the house --  i guess i'll use the front door next time

Damn. Congrats.

Archived