Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would people please with the CPK and DCA comparison? Central Park is the in the centra (no pun) part of the city on parkland. DCA is the airport.

Kennedy is a little better of a comparison, but DCA is def unique. Central Park is in a favored snow area for sure.

Like clockwork. psuhoffman can't respond to your post because his house is buried.

I thought I could get out early for a first run with the snowblower (24" clearance) but by the time I got out it was already over 2 feet deep in most places. Took me all morning to clear out my 1/4 mile drive and now it's covered with a foot again where I started. No way to measure but it's about 18" in low spots and 4-5 feet in drifts.

I have faith in this storm. I always KNEW we would have snow this winter, even in the face of this super El Nino.

And even in the face of the panic room.

I just KNOW DC is gonna get annihilated today/tonight by heavy snow.

I got this bad foot, from an old injury.

It's aching.

Get those shovels ready, DC!

Mattie's comment about +SN is well taken. Through this entire storm, I'd say I've only had brief intervals of <1/4mi vis and I'd report that as +SN BLSN if I was taking an ob. Just lots and lots of 1/2mi vis for this storm.

Speaking of...+SN BLSN. About the heaviest I've yet seen in this storm.

I'm yardstick measuring between 22 and 24 in my yard just south of AU in Wesley Hts.  I saw 2pm tv reports of 19 in DuPont (which was probably a couple of hours behind).  It's picked up a bit the last few minutes.  It would be great for us in the NW DC area to get to uniform reports of ~28 (though unlikely), again mindful that the Knickerbocker "record" was measured at 24th and M, not in the middle of the river in South Arlington.  

I have faith in this storm. I always KNEW we would have snow this winter, even in the face of this super El Nino.

And even in the face of the panic room.

I just KNOW DC is gonna get annihilated today/tonight by heavy snow.

I got this bad foot, from an old injury.

It's aching.

Get those shovels ready, DC!

You are an inspiration Jeb. Even my kids know what a "Jeb walk" means. Hope this is magical for you!

Archived