• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

weather channel showing the surfact low right on the mouth of chesapeake with the upper level low making its way across southern va.  the cloud tops were impressive all the way back to the mountains.  pretty cool actually.  the rest of the afternoon should be pretty fun.

GREarth's mesoanalysis data is showing the surface low deepening and actually wobbling toward shore at the moment (it's actually a double SLP, with the western low moving toward shore). That would be consistent with my station pressure dropping roughly 1.5 mbar in 3 hours.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1pm spotter report for Franconia/Kingstowne was 18.0 inches, 3 inches total for the six-hour period -- nearly all of that I think was before 9am and the dry slot. Not a high confidence number, but still working the multiple boards I set up.

I just need 1 inch more for my personal best snowstorm (I was living in Texas for 1996 and the tropics for 2010), so that's something.

Oh yeah, if we can get a couple hours of good stuff we can shoot up the top 10. I was hoping for #2 and it may still be reachable...Knickerbocker was never really in play IMO even with the stuff last night. 

Hopefully, we can kick this slot soon and re-fire on all cylinders. We're not far away from this being a very nice event. 

Lol, I say that again and this is already top 10.

At this point, getting over 17.1 and into the top 5 would be a positive result.  Hoping we can do that.

Archived