Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a nice a band is making it's way down 95.  another band converging from the east.  yea, the southern part of dc looks like they got the shaft for a few hours, but i think the next part will be enough to make up for at least part of it.  i think by 2pm there's going to be positive posts from that area.

I think these predictions of several additional inches are becoming a fantasy for DC.  I think over/under is 1-2" additional.  Would be really surprised to see 3".  

i'd be surprised if you guys don't see more than 3".  being honest.  i'm not far from dc, so i want it to fill in as well.

weather channel showing the surfact low right on the mouth of chesapeake with the upper level low making its way across southern va.  the cloud tops were impressive all the way back to the mountains.  pretty cool actually.  the rest of the afternoon should be pretty fun.

This will work out very well for students in SE MoCo since the county usually closes all or nothing. Those with plowed roads and 18" will get a bonus day or two off while NW MoCo digs out from their 36".

Awesome snow no matter what for MoCo folks though.

There is zero chance of class Monday. Zero chance for almost all suburbs.

Archived