joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I meant for those of us along 95. You can see here that the stuff to the north is sinking south. And eventually the whole band should shift to the East. 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

I cut 1 strip to the street + the front walk and I'm pooped. I have a lot of work to do over the next couple days. Winds really picking up now. My work will probably end up drifting back in. ugh

attachicon.gifdriveway1.JPG

Nice!  Hey Bob...how's that one neighbor doing who you saw shoveling a tenth of an inch yesterday afternoon? :lol:   That was funny!  I take it he gave up on that.

It's stunning at this point.  Disappointing event.  Hopefully it is salvaged by some additional accumulation...

I think DC is good for 5+ more, there's plenty of moisture and you can kinda seem the dry nose getting enveloped.  But like, it's kinda looked that way for 2-3 hours, so who really knows.

I'm frustrated for DC, glad I went up to Rockville for this.

It's been such a disappointing mid-late morning and early afternoon here in DC.  That damn hole has robbed us of probably a good half foot, maybe more. 

Just think there is still a chance that the very last band as the storm leaves could park itself right over DC for 3 hours while everyone else gets to watch. The snow will stop west to east. So, DC east usually gets a parting gift. 

Just finished snow thrower run number three. I get down to pavement but by the time I finish there's another inch so just trying to keep up.

Have had no breaks at all since it began yesterday. Stopped measuring at 27" - with the rate it's coming down I might end up with close to 4 feet. We're right up against the eastern side of the BR, so it usually just piles up and dumps with the wind out of the east like this.

Those winds are on the increase! Blowing snow is not occasional. Its becoming near steady state. 

I am absolutely LOVING THIS EPIC EPIC EPIC ground blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN DALE CITY.

Snow is picking up too.

But it looks only temporary. You can still see that finger of dry air stretching into 

DC from the bay through AA county.

BUt there's also a blob coming down from Baltimore City. So, I think the finger will get squeezed out in the next half hour or so, then DC can get back to business with accumulating snow. 

Just finished snow thrower run number three. I get down to pavement but by the time I finish there's another inch so just trying to keep up.

Have had no breaks at all since it began yesterday. Stopped measuring at 27" - with the rate it's coming down I might end up with close to 4 feet. We're right up against the eastern side of the BR, so it usually just piles up and dumps with the wind out of the east like this.

You were my choice for bullseye. But now I think its gonna be someone just north of Martinsburg. Congrats though. Great storm for you!

Archived