Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12:15 update

Extremely heavy snow (heaviest Ive ever seen)

22 degrees

31 inches total accum

10 inches in the last 3 hours and 15 minutes/ 16 inches in last 6 hours and 15 minutes....simply astounding

This is the storm of my life. I had 36 inches with PD2. But I have never seen snowfall rates like this for this length of time. It has increased in intensity for the past couple of hours. Truly unbelievable. Some random thoughts on my latest Jebwalk:

There are no more cars or mailboxes. They are just mounds of snow in a snow world.

My neighbors 4 foot picket fence looks like its a foot tall.

My bushes and shrubs do not exist anymore.

My neighborhood looks like the arctic.

My full size trash cans look like kitchen trashcans now.

I forgot and left my wheelbarrow outside by my rear fence. I dont know when I will find it again.

My elevated firepits do not exist.

The roof drifts throughout my neighborhood are ridiculous.

Amazing report! Would love to see pics!

For folks stuck under subsidence, I really feel for you. In the Jan 25, 2000 storm, I got stuck for hours with huge, stationary bands to my east and west. I even had a few breaks in the clouds while heavy snow was falling 20 miles in either direction!

I ended up with seven inches while many places had 14-17" to my west, and of course the near 20" amounts near the Bay.

I hope the main band consolidates and eventually passes through your areas.

Basically nothing since 5am. I'm so distraught it's making me sick. Keep here wait for the pivot, wait for this, wait for that but it's not filling in.

12:15 update

Extremely heavy snow (heaviest Ive ever seen)

22 degrees

31 inches total accum

10 inches in the last 3 hours and 15 minutes/ 16 inches in last 6 hours and 15 minutes....simply astounding

This is the storm of my life. I had 36 inches with PD2. But I have never seen snowfall rates like this for this length of time. It has increased in intensity for the past couple of hours. Truly unbelievable. Some random thoughts on my latest Jebwalk:

There are no more cars or mailboxes. They are just mounds of snow in a snow world.

My neighbors 4 foot picket fence looks like its a foot tall.

My bushes and shrubs do not exist anymore.

My neighborhood looks like the arctic.

My full size trash cans look like kitchen trashcans now.

I forgot and left my wheelbarrow outside by my rear fence. I dont know when I will find it again.

My elevated firepits do not exist.

The roof drifts throughout my neighborhood are ridiculous.

That's awesome.  Congrats, dude.  You're definitely in the sweet spot too.  Not nearly as good to the south of you, but it's still a great storm in my location.

Archived