• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

Yeah I think immediately in DC people will disappointed unless this band gets here in a hurry and does serious work, but in the end it will still be a great event.

Nw DC getting pounded. Won't go into the record books though.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think immediately in DC people will disappointed unless this band gets here in a hurry and does serious work, but in the end it will still be a great event.

Honestly, by most people's standards this won't end up as historic, simply because the heaviest +SN is out in the boondocks of far northern VA, eastern WV, and western MD. Technically, it's still a HECS, but considering how those areas have seen many similar events, it's not as historic as similar totals would be farther east and south. After all, the areas most affected are along the Appalachians...

Honestly, by most people's standards this won't end up as historic, simply because the heaviest +SN is out in the boondocks of far northern VA, eastern WV, and western MD. Technically, it's still a HECS, but considering how those areas have seen many similar events, it's not as historic as similar totals would be farther east and south. After all, the areas most affected are along the Appalachians...

I'm about 10 miles nw of DC and rest assured this is one of the bigger ones I've experienced. also DC will be back in the good bands soon. It's imminent.

Archived