Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's probably another chance at tssn when the bands to the SE start blossoming and rotating through. Given the proximity to the ull and strengthening slp off of tidewater should produce some instability.

Any thoughts on when that  might happen? The hrrrx to me looks like it's missing the current dryness and doesn't pick up all that much later compared to what is modeled for current conditions. I don't think we're done yet, but short-range guidance has been missing quite a bit of precip to me.

It should for those directly north and west of the city. OP GFS is also forecasting another 1'' QP (including DC it looks like). We'll see about DC.

Dry air getting really close to DC. No way the para verifies with that much more qpf

I had cleared part of our walkway earlier this morning. Seems I've picked up another inch so I'd say I'm sitting around 19" on the event now. Can any Silver Spring people or Bob Chill confirm you're in this neighborhood? Actually...Bob may be ahead now since he was closer to the persistent heavies to the west. 

EDIT: I see Bob has 20"

Archived