joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're falling behind me, Bob! I'm going to leave you in the dust. 

Radar is a thing of beauty right now...it's almost scary - almost like this isn't DC anymore

7.5 here. We're in a good spot for t-snow if it holds.

My best friend in Orange is keeping me updated and says all snow, no sleet as of yet. Ripping SN+ with about 8.5" measured on the board. 20-24mph gusts.

She hates the snow but I am making her go outside every other 20 minutes to take videos of f the streetlights and also told her if she hears any thunder or sees lightening to call me right away! A true snow weenie

for real? all guidance hits your area hard later tonight through Saturday morning.

Still moderate snow in Leesburg. What else is new? I wonder when LWX and others will adjust forecast maps to account for this apparent shift eastward with the higher totals. Doesn't look like any of the heaviest bands will affect us here.

I am getting some sleet now. The Baro kerps plunging and the milder air has moved north. Just very difficult to keep it all snow when below 29.90

12idnight obs

7" accumulate with moderate snow and some sleet, up a degree to 23

Are you sure it is sleet, and not rimed flakes / graupel?

7.5 here. We're in a good spot for t-snow if it holds.

It's a pretty sick look overall. If there was ever a time for DC and immediate surrounding areas to jackpot this is probably it. This is going to be one for the ages it seems. 

I keep seeing plows go by on traffic cams and it barely does a thing. Maybe UVVmet is right about DCA making a run at the record

Archived