Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Jan 22-24 "The NortheastPAWx Special" storm obs/banter

canderson

Hey all...up from my nap.

Really starting to rip outside here Akron.  Wind/intensity is looking good.  

So happy for our forum (for at least what is currently modeled).  I felt all along that we might be quietly working our way into the catbird seat w/ this one...well many of us.  Hoping the trends continue and NEPA, Mag and 2001kx get some much needed love from Mo Nature.  

In honor of the word white....I had a white Russian.  

Now figuring what the next one will be....bar stocked...so many choices. Snowmobiles are in the back yard....ready to roll tomorrow.  My son and I may go on standby for his fire company if needed as well.  

I wont be on here a ton, but will stop in once in a while, because as I love model watching....I love watching real snow more.

Enjoy all.

Nut

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly don't really see why you wouldn't, latest HRRR and RAP hammer the Sus Valley with H-burg in the 12-18" zone on the 15hr HRRR and the RAP has you in 18-24" (goes to 27hr now). Just hours of solid green on the simulated reflectivity. 

How much do you have so far?

I many 16" actually, lol. Around 3" but it's picking up. Has been very fine flakes until now.

Flurries in billtown lol

RAP and HRRR suggest you guys up in Williamsport and Wilkes Barre will get into some of the action tonight, with some decent snowfall rates at times. And they've been performing reasonably well tonight.

I feel worst for our friends out to the west and north, like Clearfield.

I think it's moving in... holy crap if that makes it in, it could sit on us for a long time with heavy snow and great rates...

Yeah, that's definitely 1-1.5"/hr stuff. That band would be the difference between 3" and 8" overnight...

Definitely interesting out this way!

Yeah, that's definitely 1-1.5"/hr stuff. That band would be the difference between 3" and 8" overnight...

Definitely interesting out this way!

Sounds nice; wish I was back at PSU right now. 

It's just not happening here. Almost midnight and not even a flake. I'm never tracking a coastal snowstorm again if this one fringes us...

Figured I would ask a red tag. Does the low look like it will be captured?

I do not have that map that shows pressure falls along the East Coast but if the low is moving North or North by Northeast I think it should be considered "captured".  If it was not the precip would have moved through and off the coast but radar shows it has a northerly component/movement to it suggesting the low is moving more North than East. 

Sounds nice; wish I was back at PSU right now. 

It's just not happening here. Almost midnight and not even a flake. I'm never tracking a coastal snowstorm again if this one fringes us...

Come on man, you know better than this. Everything is right on schedule... low still down in Carolinas.

Archived