SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Jan 22-24 "The NortheastPAWx Special" storm obs/banter

canderson

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Marcus still in N Md or has he not been heard from at all?  At some point this year I plan on getting somewhere else just not sure if it will be PA.  Miss the fun talk with all you guys though. 

Marcus is long gone. But the memories will never leave me. I was so much more a lurking back then. So many times Eastern would crash and server issues during storms...Now the one's I know still here are JI, Randy (Stormtracker), and Ian. 

Marcus is long gone. But the memories will never leave me. I was so much more a lurking back then. So many times Eastern would crash and server issues during storms...Now the one's I know still here are JI, Randy (Stormtracker), and Ian. 

I knew about the "breakup" just did not know if he left the area or if anyone knew of his circumstances.  I miss JohnC1282  and his "Big Rains, No Snows" posts  He would be crying in his beer tonight as it is Big Snows and no rain. 

Eyeballing about 1/8 inch here, but the intensity is picking up. If some of those maps are to be believed, a 24" total is knocking on my door. Gotta keep those kinds of hopes in check, though. I'd be happy with 12" at this point considering the way it looked two days ago.

Side note. My Monday trucking adventure takes me to Weyer's Cave, VA (just south of Harrisonburg along I-81) so I'm going to be travelling through the heart of the heavy snow area. It should be fun to see what it looks like down that way when all is said and done!

I knew about the "breakup" just did not know if he left the area or if anyone knew of his circumstances.  I miss JohnC1282  and his "Big Rains, No Snows" posts  He would be crying in his beer tonight as it is Big Snows and no rain. 

LOL! I probably should remember him and yes the "breakup" but I don't know if Marcus is still in Northern MD. Good times, actually great times. Bubbler you were the one's that could read models and be so much subjective about them knowing we all wanted snow but you at least took the snow googles off when looking at what it could be. Remember Simon up in NE? 

Marcus posted some snow pics in 2010 and I remembered he had a little greenhouse in his backyard and I knew he lived somewhere just north of manchester.  I moved into a house this past summer on a ridge just north of Manchester and realized the other day that Marcus's house is literally walking distance, recognized his green house from the snow pics.  I have no idea if he still lives there though. 

I kinda know there was a falling out between him and the rest of the crew that came over here but I am not really sure what it was about.  I was away from the board for a couple months and it all went down.  Never really got the full story.

Marcus posted some snow pics in 2010 and I remembered he had a little greenhouse in his backyard and I knew he lived somewhere just north of manchester.  I moved into a house this past summer on a ridge just north of Manchester and realized the other day that Marcus's house is literally walking distance, recognized his green house from the snow pics.  I have no idea if he still lives there though. 

That's right Hoffman, you were on Eastern....Great stuff, and memories.

I kinda know there was a falling out between him and the rest of the crew that came over here but I am not really sure what it was about.  I was away from the board for a couple months and it all went down.  Never really got the full story.

I remember I was in class the morning AmWx came public...came back to my computer and saw so many of the EUSWX posters suddenly talking about jumping over to here, so I signed up quickly over to this site. All Randy and Ian mentioned was a staff fallout and hence the migration.

Unrelated but last month, it officially become 8 years total on EUSWX/AmWx for me...

I remember I was in class the morning AmWx came public...came back to my computer and saw so many of the EUSWX posters suddenly talking about jumping over to here, so I signed up quickly over to this site. All Randy and Ian mentioned was a staff fallout and hence the migration.

Unrelated but last month, it officially become 8 years total on EUSWX/AmWx for me...

Eastern was special when you look back but to know where amwx has come to it is great....Marcus started it and that can never be taken from him. Major breakup but the amount of info we get today especially for a snow lover like many on this site is just unreal. Love it and glad it stayed the course but just changed the names...

LOL! I probably should remember him and yes the "breakup" but I don't know if Marcus is still in Northern MD. Good times, actually great times. Bubbler you were the one's that could read models and be so much subjective about them knowing we all wanted snow but you at least took the snow googles off when looking at what it could be. Remember Simon up in NE? 

Thanks for the kind words and am glad to see you guys getting it good tonight and tomorrow.  I was just a weenie like most here though I do have the claim to fame that Dave Tolleris called me once to "talk weather". I think he thought I was a Met.  Not sure how he got my number.  I remember a Scott Simard from NE but that may have been way back at #neweather usenet.  I do remember PSUHoffman as well.  There was a guy in N PA that used to drive truck up and down the east coast...maybe Rick was his name? I work in IT and was going to get much more involved in EUS as to helping Marcus with IT Op's but went through a divorce and just could not do it. He is a good guy though.  Back to snow talk for you guys!

I joined Eastern in January of 2005 and was a very infrequent poster for a long time.  Eastern was where I met "Mr. B", who at the time was only in 9th grade.  You know him today as EasternUSWx, or Zach, from Greencastle. 

So, I was on Eastern for almost six years until the switch, and now been here for five.  I'm truly thankful for our "community" and the outlet it provides to all us weenies.

The Feb 2010 storm (#1) gave me my all-time highest storm accumulation of 28" here in Carlisle.  I'm beginning to think I've got a realistic shot at breaking that record by Sunday morning.

Closing in on 3" here now and watching the heavy stuff northwest of me out in AOO and UNV.  How ironic is that?  lol

Looks like upslope is helping them out at the moment.

I joined Eastern in January of 2005 and was a very infrequent poster for a long time.  Eastern was where I met "Mr. B", who at the time was only in 9th grade.  You know him today as EasternUSWx, or Zach, from Greencastle. 

So, I was on Eastern for almost six years until the switch, and now been here for five.  I'm truly thankful for our "community" and the outlet it provides to all us weenies.

The Feb 2010 storm (#1) gave me my all-time highest storm accumulation of 28" here in Carlisle.  I'm beginning to think I've got a realistic shot at breaking that record by Sunday morning.

Closing in on 3" here now and watching the heavy stuff northwest of me out in AOO and UNV.  How ironic is that?  lol

Looks like upslope is helping them out at the moment.

Great stuff Carlisle. 

Archived