joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I attempted to get some pics of the rates during the better snow bands while they were happening. So here are the 2 best ones that came out.

This one was the morning snow band. That is the backyard. Those trees that are barely visible are only 100-200 feet away.

post-4973-0-09617000-1453598930_thumb.jp

This one is during the afternoon heavy band that ripped through. That big evergreen is literally right across the street. The trees that are barely visible are 2 houses down from me.

post-4973-0-37889200-1453598948_thumb.jp

some from around the upper west side today/tonight. Going out again shortly if my feet can thaw out. And decided to keep periscope on since we have another band coming in. The iPhone really doesn't capture the snow though, it's all just a blur  https://periscope.tv/lrowe1/1ynJObmmeDvGR

(sorry about the sideways pics but no patience tonight to fix them right away)

post-9093-0-92509600-1453600459_thumb.jp

post-9093-0-17076900-1453600470_thumb.jp

post-9093-0-07790400-1453600481_thumb.jp

post-9093-0-41108800-1453600504_thumb.jp

There's another snow/death band moving west off of LI into NYC and NENJ... another 4" maybe...

Not seeing it, at least not for Manhattan or NENJ.  Looks like things are really collapsing NE of Manhattan.  Doesn't mean it couldn't rebuild, but time is running out, I think.  We're no long under good banding, since about 8:30 pm, with light snow now falling.  Wonder if the 1" per hour snows are over for Middlesex County and most of NJ.  

some from around the upper west side today/tonight. Going out again shortly if my feet can thaw out. And decided to keep periscope on since we have another band coming in. The iPhone really doesn't capture the snow though, it's all just a blur https://periscope.tv/lrowe1/1ynJObmmeDvGR

(sorry about the sideways pics but no patience tonight to fix them right away)

That last pic is awesome! I wonder if the phone still works lol

15" - 16" here. Always tough to be so close to double the amount of snow, but very happy with this.

Oh I have no problem at all with that. Miller A's usually have at least some rain out here, and this one didn't. It's a total win. And 12-18" is pretty dam good for any storm anyway. It's nice to see so many folks get in on this as well.  :)

Nice final weenie band hitting us at the beaches right now in NJ. No idea storm total. We cashed in 7pm to 8 am then sleeted heavily for 2 hours before flipping back to good snow then dry slotted before this came back. Was amazing to feel 60 mph winds with sleet. Tidal flooding not so much fun.

Archived