• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

What Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS) score will this storm earn?

Here are the storms with the two highest NESIS scores.

1) 03/12/1993 (13.20)

2) 01/06/1996 (11.78)

I think we have a chance at number one or two.

No shot. Top 5 is probably doable, though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just talked to my brother, and he said that it's still coming down heavy at home, even though the radar looks a little stingy on the beaches. Snow is piling up pretty high on the side of the house, and he said the snow is a good ways up to his knees. He tried shoveling a few hours ago, which he said was pointless. This might be surpassing Boxing Day at this point in Long Beach.

Radar looks like the band is edging back south a bit, so the beaches will be back in heavy snow soon if there was a lull.

I'm in Oceanside and that dry slot got real close but I noticed it doesn't actually hit. I have wunderground storm app and the radar shows this as well. Some of the less hi resolution radar will show the dry slot. It's actually pouring snow here too happily

these bands just keep on coming,pretty much holding the dry line at bay to the west.the whole city is still getting rocked!..central park is def over 22 inches and still ripping.like i said before 2 feet+ are wide spread over the entire area already .

And we still have the back side to go through.

Archived