Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on with that snow hole south of Long Island? Is anyone feeling effects from that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just talked to my brother, and he said that it's still coming down heavy at home, even though the radar looks a little stingy on the beaches. Snow is piling up pretty high on the side of the house, and he said the snow is a good ways up to his knees. He tried shoveling a few hours ago, which he said was pointless. This might be surpassing Boxing Day at this point in Long Beach.

Radar looks like the band is edging back south a bit, so the beaches will be back in heavy snow soon if there was a lull. 

thats a little suspect for bell meade tbh. unless he was just a hair too far se of the all day crush job but somerset county was pounding all day.

Northern somerset yes...southern not...saw it on the radar all day...right now we got heavy band....for the other who questioned me..goldberg said heavy bands done by 7..yes it will still snow bit much lighter...he and smith showed how the bands were currently weakening

Northern somerset yes...southern not...saw it on the radar all day...right now we got heavy band....for the other who questioned me..goldberg said heavy bands done by 7..yes it will still snow bit much lighter...he and smith showed how the bands were currently weakening

They sure are weakening lmao... 6-12 total lol

ah...you must of been literally like 10 miles away from the extra 8". at any rate, its a big snowstorm, once you get past 18" its just about measuring for the weenie history books at that point. 

ah...you must of been literally like 10 miles away from the extra 8". at any rate, its a big snowstorm, once you get past 18" its just about measuring for the weenie history books at that point.

And we still have intense bands developing. Look at what's coming off the ocean on to eastern LI.

What Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS) score will this storm earn?

Here are the storms with the two highest NESIS scores.

1) 03/12/1993 (13.20)

2) 01/06/1996 (11.78)

I think we have a chance at number one or two.

I think it will be a good 4, but since the Boston area is getting a glancing blow, I don't think it will be a 5. 

Archived