Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of New Yorkers are obsessed with Boxing Day because it really dumped heavily on your backyards but from an overall impact standpoint regarding affected people, this storm has put Boxing Day to shame. It's snowing on I-95 right now from South of Richmond all the way to Boston.

Yes it was primarily a coastal event, areas to my west dropped off fast, even Hunterdon CTY had much less than my 32 in. This storm is a bigger deal and the failure to bury Boston may just keep if from overtaking 96.

Upton update snow maps for Long Island 24-30 for most?

Can this be a record?

How long can it still accumulate on LI?

...NFW!...30"?..they still got me 18-24..i got 15" on the snow stick(wife took the reading)..hoping

for 20" here in eastport..+S..30.2*

Yes it was primarily a coastal event, areas to my west dropped off fast, even Hunterdon CTY had much less than my 32 in. This storm is a bigger deal and the failure to bury Boston may just keep if from overtaking 96.

the snow even at it's lightest it still was coming down moderately in the nyc..and the persistent heavy bands today are nothing short of amazing...

In terms of seasonal snowfall, much of the I-95 region will be ahead of the ski resorts in southern and central VT like Mount Snow, Stratton, and possibly even Killington, by the end of the day.  That lead could easily last into the beginning of February.  I wonder if that's ever happened this late in the winter season.

I went to Fordham and it always seemed to do slightly better in snowstorms for some reason.

The Bronx is further north. Had a late friend who just loved FU even tho he was Jewish he loved learning under the Jesuits. I took a grad class one year there it is such a nice campus and I spent a lot of time at the zoo when my kids were growing up. My son didn't make the cut as it has gotten much harder to get in these days so he is at Rutgers, which is much better on my wallet but just doesn't have the personalized attention you get at FU.

Archived