Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 more inches and I will tie boxing day

I know a lot of New Yorkers are obsessed with Boxing Day because it really dumped heavily on your backyards but from an overall impact standpoint regarding affected people, this storm has put Boxing Day to shame. It's snowing on I-95 right now from South of Richmond all the way to Boston.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
401 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0345 PM HEAVY SNOW NEWARK AIRPORT 40.69N 74.18W
01/23/2016 M21.4 INCH ESSEX NJ ASOS

2.0 INCHES / HR IN LAST HOUR

I know a lot of New Yorkers are obsessed with Boxing Day because it really dumped heavily on your backyards but from an overall impact standpoint regarding affected people, this storm has put Boxing Day to shame. It's snowing on I-95 right now from South of Richmond all the way to Boston.

Yup. Boxing Day was great for me. Close to 28 inches. But this is going to be a very high NESIS scored storm and its wide impact and during the day will make it memorable.

Storm is cranking here; I understand Cape Cod is getting much more than expected and the storm is in fact touching Boston, though it won't be anything to get excited over, they are thinking 3-5 there. Which was unexpected IIRC. We were haggling about getting 4-8 here and now we are going to maybe hit seasonal av in one day. Sick.

Archived