Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just nuclear right now!!! I'd say 3-4" rates. Epic

No thunder and I have been outside since 430am

Getting whiteouts with the stronger wind gusts here in SW Suffolk. The training moisture off the ocean

looks like a warm season convective or tropical system. Just an amazing month that can produce a

rare January hurricane and a blizzard like this.

Snow has lightened up here considerably in the last 15 minutes now that that mega band has drifted a bit South of me. The radar looks quite impressive still but you can start to see some weakening occurring out near Sparta so things will probably start winding down quickly West of the city over the next two hours and then for everyone else by around 8PM.

Took five measurements. The lowest was 17" and the highest was 22". So I'm probably somewhere around 19" currently. Should break the 20" no problem. Hard to beleive that just a few days ago some models were giving me nothing.

best rates and snow growth of the day. the deathband axis turned over the new york city resulting at least 4 inches in the last two hours. over two feet where i live. this is better than 96 and boxing day storm. amazing cut off but its really amazing how the north trend saved us. i dont care if it doesnt snow anymore for the rest of the winter but anthony said theres a blizzard on the ukmet and cmc for next friday afternoon :sled:

:violin: ​

:weenie:

temperature spiked since the deathband moved in from 28 to 30 but flakes got bigger. insanity outside

HRRR, fwiw, shows minimal movement and a gradual weakening of the snow band over the next few hours. It will "snow itself out". In that time, it shows another 6-8" for most of us. Incredible. Heavy snow is redeveloping overhead. Tough to measure, but I'm anywhere between 14.5 and 16.5. Hitting 20 without a doubt

hrrr_snow_nj_6.png

Archived