SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to be just east of it in Middlesex county probably the subsidence. Don't know if it will fill in or not. Don't see us getting to 20 like this. Well, who cares right? great storm!

Yes but too bad it's going to miss. Central NJ should have been the jackpot per the models but even that was off by them. 

This training moisture feed from the deep tropics looks more like something 

we normally see during the warm season with torrential rains instead of the

blizzard that we are getting today. Interesting times indeed...

http://woodland.ucsd.edu/images/ssmi/download/images/Global/GlobalAnim.gif

attachicon.gif00latest.gif

That's a thing of beauty, and shows the reach this Nino has. Reminds me of the tap down to there we had during the record rain events here in late October and May. I still don't think anyone here beat the almost 6" of rain we had here in one hour on Halloween weekend. :lol:

So when we look back at this one, will it be known as the "NAM storm?"

YES! Even Jim Cantore mentioned this morning that people need to start taking that model into much more consideration. He said it's a great model but it has overblown precip in the past but it nailed this storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! Even Jim Cantore mentioned this morning that people need to start taking that model into much more consideration. He said it's a great model but it has overblown precip in the past but it nailed this storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in the future perhaps we give it more consideration but still be skeptical on the precipitation?

It's coming. Be patient. Not big flakes but it's a steady persistent wind driven snow.

I've had some impressive gusts just in the past few minutes. I've got a fine wind driven stinging snow. I'm glad we didn't get the wet snows predicted because I couldn't get the generator running. I have an inverter to run off the car if I need it, but I think as long as we have powedery snow we won't lose power.

Archived