• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

just came in from a measurement and it's almost impossible to get a accurate one,but i did measure over 16 inches here in the northern bronx,honestly though it looks like it's more then that.i've been in intense 1-3 inch per hr bands since 6 a.m and moderate snow before that.i saw a 20 inch reading in pelham n.y which is not far at all from my location,so it's quite possible that i'm near 18-20 inches already. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some hints the band in N NJ is nudging SE. 

Here in Austin, 51 and not a cloud in the sky. The palm trees across the street from me are rustling a little bit. 

lol good post

I'm in Ottawa Canada, cloudless artic blue sky with sun reflecting brightly off the snowpack.

enjoying this storm from a distance, but secretly wishing I had made the trek to the city....

Measuring this snow is kind of difficult. I think my earlier measurement of 13" was too high at the time, but it'd be more accurate now. Currently coming down moderately.

Some hints the band in N NJ is nudging SE.

Here in Austin, 51 and not a cloud in the sky. The palm trees across the street from me are rustling a little bit.

Want to trade places? My small palm tree sure isnt rustling underneath all this snow.

Measuring this snow is kind of difficult. I think my earlier measurement of 13" was too high at the time, but it'd be more accurate now. Currently coming down moderately.

Want to trade places? My small palm tree sure isnt rustling underneath all this snow.

Absolutely, I'd love to. :P

My brother told me a little while ago that visibility was so low that he could barely see across the street. I've only seen that a couple of times-the death band on 1/27/11 and Boxing Day 2010. So this is up there among the best. 

Archived