Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot describe the conditions here.

We have a hard time seeing the next building across the street.

I 'd have to say a 12"+ estimate is safe right now.

I'd be very surprised if NJ and NYC didn't get some of this

The visibility has been low here since that first heavy band came in around 330am. It probably will only get worse.

I guess the next question is, How far north does this get before the pivot starts, and where does the CCB setup

Watching the northern edge near / north of I 80. It seems the arch shape will eventually define the northern drop off. Looks to me it will rotate to just about the I 84 corridor give or take 5-10 miles. Best extended band / CCB will then likely by right across NYC and parts of NNJ into Central NJ and arch SW from there.

Watching the northern edge near / north of I 80. It seems the arch shape will eventually define the northern drop off. Looks to me it will rotate to just about the I 84 corridor give or take 5-10 miles. Best extended band / CCB will then likely by right across NYC and parts of NNJ into Central NJ and arch SW from there.

The dry air up here, courtesy of a northerly wind, has been ripping whatever snow makes it up here to shreds. I think this next surge might make it here, but it's clear that this area will struggle to reach significant totals (which we all expected anyways).

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=ENX-N0Q-1-48

wow the main focus of intense banding is really rocking us in the city right now.also of note the northerly movement has really slowed down,anyone under that initial band and south of it will prob get the highest totals since the forcing is so great right at the gradient.dry air in south jersey and dry air at pou,city right smack in the middle! :snowing:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Archived