Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecasting for 9-16 inches of snow for NYC and Long Island. Places on Long Island could see 20'' if and only if heavy bands persist longer. Drifts could push two feet. The amount of snow is not a main concern for me with this storm. I'm worried about the heavy wet snow accumulating on tree limbs and power lines with sustained winds of 25-35 mph with gusts in the range of 50-55 mph falling trees/tree limbs could take down power lines/poles and cause power outages. 

Forecasting for 9-16 inches of snow for NYC and Long Island. Places on Long Island could see 20'' if and only if heavy bands persist longer. Drifts could push two feet. The amount of snow is not a main concern for me with this storm. I'm worried about the heavy wet snow accumulating on tree limbs and power lines with sustained winds of 25-35 mph with gusts in the range of 50-55 mph falling trees/tree limbs could take down power lines/poles and cause power outages. 

Agree, It will come down to nowcasting for the jackpot areas and hopefully few screw zones.  I would also keep an eye on the moderate flood potential on Long Island.  Go Metsfan - good luck :).

Light snow in Wilmington...should be in Philly by 6 pm or so, Edison by 8 pm or so, and NYC by 10 pm.  That's my guesstimate.  Roads will deteriorate rapidly once snowfall rates pick up, with the sun down and temps below 32F.  Don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight.  Heading to the pub soon...

Light snow in Wilmington...should be in Philly by 6 pm or so, Edison by 8 pm or so, and NYC by 10 pm.  That's my guesstimate.  Roads will deteriorate rapidly once snowfall rates pick up, with the sun down and temps below 32F.  Don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight.  Heading to the pub soon...

Haileys? The burgers are excellent there…Cant wait to see your final measurements 

Final Call

North of I-84 1-3"

Between I-84 and I-80 4-14". Obviously amounts increasing as you move Southward.

Down towards Somerset-Princeton-Trenton Area - 14-20"

Eastward towards New Brunswick/Edison Area. 12-18"

NYC 10-14"

Westchester and surrounding areas 6-10"

North Shore of LI - 6-12"

South Shore of LI - 8-14"

Monmouth area - 8-14"

RU canceled Sat classes...you know they never cancel...

Archived