• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
The Iceman

January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

Did feel a few sleet pellets in the dry slot mixed with light snow. Snow looks to be slowly increasing again and good echoes now coming into south jersey heading west. Radar sucks on my phone - is this what you guys are seeing? 24th and Lombard center city here

Dry slot near Wilmington DE??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep...looks like we're gonna struggle with it all day here in Hockessein...whic is what I kinda suspected last night. Heaviest banding setting up just the N & W. Definitely could be some 30" totals when all is said is done.

Tough eyeballing a total right now will the drifting. I'm guessing maybe 6-8" on the ground with another 6-8" throughout the day.

Warrington, Bucks County, PA

Precipitation has picked up somewhat from my earlier report, but there are occasional paroxysms of SLEET in there.   Not a lot and its not unexpected.   Even 96 had a period of sleet in the middle of the storm.

Before we are too far removed from the overnight, here are a couple of pics from around 4 am:

The house across the street that you can barely see, and just for fun, some Christmas lights:

post-9898-0-22300600-1453555337_thumb.jp

Yep...looks like we're gonna struggle with it all day here in Hockessein...whic is what I kinda suspected last night. Heaviest banding setting up just the N & W. Definitely could be some 30" totals when all is said is done.

Tough eyeballing a total right now will the drifting. I'm guessing maybe 6-8" on the ground with another 6-8" throughout the day.

Looks like good stuff moving up from south jersey though

Absolutely ripping here in Langhorne

Wind is making it seem like it's coming down harder than it is. Was just out in it shoveling a potty area for the dogs.

ILG and PHL will be the "losers" today. Dry slot and being on the south edge of bands will hurt. Models did well on the dry slot more or less over the entire state of DE. Short range models indicating the best banding 20-25 miles N to NW.

ILG and PHL will be the "losers" today. Dry slot and being on the south edge of bands will hurt. Models did well on the dry slot more or less over the entire state of DE. Short range models indicating the best banding 20-25 miles N to NW.

That is my worry, that we get subsistence fromthe bands.  Although snow is falling a lot harder now in center city and there's some good stuff rotating up from south jersey

You're kidding, right? LOL

All of lower bucks is under 25-30 dbz

I was referencing in langhorne. When the wind died (while I was out there about a half hour ago) the snow really was only falling very lightly. That might be very different where other people are (or even here now)

That is my worry, that we get subsistence fromthe bands.  Although snow is falling a lot harder now in center city and there's some good stuff rotating up from south jersey

I agree on subsistance threat all day but I still think PHL gets to 20.